Back On The Bank Tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky24

Rich
I can't wait. After my capture of a 14lb Barbel I am back in Dundee, (Live here) and back on my local Pond after Carp. They go to 28lb in the Pond so looking forward to it. My PB from here is 17lb odd so looking to smash that PB too, that would be brilliant but maybe a bit too much too expect, we'll see [;)] . I love stalking them and I intend to do this tomorrow. I have been for a look around and they seem to be kicking up silt in certain areas, so my plan is to bait around 6 areas/swims and give each one a go.

Anyone got any advice on how to approach shallower areas, I was thinking of using my Drennan Crystals once again? Also what baits do you think I should take? I have had great success on Worm before so going to stick to that philosophy. I am not the greatest Carp Angler (Much better at Barbel) but I catch my fair share, but any advice on what's good this time of year, bait wise?
I will miss the Barbel fishing until next year where I will spend a few days after my quarry once again, until then I have to make do with DVD's, books, fishing for Carp and forums like these to give me my Barbel fill if you could call it that as would much rather be on the River catching them myself.

Is anyone else passionate about certain fish. I know Carpers are, but anyone else and for what species?

I am in France for Carp in May with a few mates and looking forward to it as I want to get a real big one(second favourite fish), then back on the Trent in July/August for the Barbel.

Wish me luck...And any help with the questions would be appreciated!

Ricky

getfishing

Pete
pellets and hemp are both good bets with a sprinkling of corn. The hemp attracts fish from a long way off and holds them there, carp just love pellets and the sweetcorn gives you an alternative hookbait, and you could tip you bait with a piece of corn.

Ricky24

Rich
Cheers mate it's nice to know as got all of these in my bag!

Thanks again.

codenamemilo

If you are roaming around and stalking shallow areas, and confident fish are there, then in my opinion there is no better or more exciting way than to freeline a bait, or maybe use a korum blob or something. if frelining then either watch the tip or line for indication. I am assuming of course you are fishing close in. I had a really memorable days fishing last year freelning the margins in a shallow bay while my mates cast 50 yards and snoozed behind alarms , really exciting fishing.

Ricky24

Rich
Originally posted by codenamemilo

If you are roaming around and stalking shallow areas, and confident fish are there, then in my opinion there is no better or more exciting way than to freeline a bait, or maybe use a korum blob or something. if frelining then either watch the tip or line for indication. I am assuming of course you are fishing close in. I had a really memorable days fishing last year freelning the margins in a shallow bay while my mates cast 50 yards and snoozed behind alarms , really exciting fishing.

My sentiments exactly!! Yes fishing close in and will try the free lining approach thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.