Back on the bank after 15 years... Looking for recommendations for a pole under £600

Durup07

Hi,

So as the title suggests, I’ve recently returned to the bank after a 15 year or so absence and massively caught the bug again.

I’ve currently resurrected my old pole a Shakespeare Hercules Xtreme 11m, to be honest it’s prob considered an antique now it’s that old. I used to use as a teen but it’s so heavy, it’s almost impossible to fish over 10m

I’m after some recommendations for a decent second hand pole I would likely pick up for under £600 and would last me a few years? Ideally would like 14.5m or 16m, with side pullers. Looking for a bit of an all rounder, lightweight but sturdy capable of double digit carp but also good for bagging the standard 2-6lb’s.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

IanG1

Site Supporter
Welcome back to the sport, I did the same 2 years ago after a 25 year break and the best decision I have made.
On your question you will get a thousand different answers and recommendations.
You have a healthy budget for a good second hand pole and with a similar amount I went Browning Xitan Z8 and not regretted it but loads of fans of every manufacturer on here who will say theirs is best.
I went down the route of chatting to some folks on the bank and doing lots of research to come up with what I thought would offer best value and suit me best.

DaveGas

Like Ian says we all have our favourite brands, I would suggest a 2nd hand Daiwa G20 or if you are lucky the 2012 Whisker which I own and still use now, good luck and I'm sure you will get loads of advice

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi,

So as the title suggests, I’ve recently returned to the bank after a 15 year or so absence and massively caught the bug again.

I’ve currently resurrected my old pole a Shakespeare Hercules Xtreme 11m, to be honest it’s prob considered an antique now it’s that old. I used to use as a teen but it’s so heavy, it’s almost impossible to fish over 10m

I’m after some recommendations for a decent second hand pole I would likely pick up for under £600 and would last me a few years? Ideally would like 14.5m or 16m, with side pullers. Looking for a bit of an all rounder, lightweight but sturdy capable of double digit carp but also good for bagging the standard 2-6lb’s.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
I may sell my preston m50 with 6 or seven topkits all bushed and side pullers fitted . Either the 3rd or 4th has been broken but repaired by putting one end over the other . Its a good pole 16m . If i decide to sell it will be 550. Im in Scarborough and would not post but would meet within reason