Back Magic 2 pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiny Tim

Bit peeved off my fellow anglers went into my local tackle shop yesterday told them that my newish pole keeps sticking when i break it down. They say the black magic is notorious for it, and theres not much you can do! They give me the impression with that type of pole they didnt rate. Come out a little fed up. What you reckon anyone else got one or used one? Honest opinions please!

MALC

TinyTim,

Dont worry about your pole as there are loads of people with the BM and it is a good pole.

We all suffer from pole sections sticking from time to time so dont get to upset.

There are many ways to help stop it sticking and if your shop is any good they will tell/show you some of the ways.

The main reasons for joints sticking are Water, Dirt and Wear.

There are variouse sprays such as Teflon, Silicon, Grafite and Carbon that you can spray on to the male section to build them up to help prevent sticking and also slow down the carbon to carbon wear.

You can also use variuse other things such as a bit of candle wax or Tallow to help prevent the sections sticking.

I use Tallow and just rub a small amount on the male joint.

The main thing though is to try to keep the sections clean and free from bits grit and dirt.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

scales

Vinny
Hello Tim,I've had a Black Magic II for a couple of years now and the joints are sticky on them new but after a while they become easier to undo. Its a top pole in my opinion very light and easy to fish with.
ps Brundall Angling sell spare top 3's for 29:99.

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

Status
Not open for further replies.