Back in the groove

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Well after what seems a lifetime (18 months) of only fishing now and again, due to a family members health, I am back on the bank and enjoying it.
I fished the commitments I had hanging over from the previous year which came to a total of 7 days on the bank.

However I fished the Barclays matches at Sessay this year, and enjoyed it. I new the pegs I drew had a chance of framing but being rusty I didn’t make the best of them.
I didn’t really care on the day as I was enjoying my fishing again, so much so that I have been out on the bank for the last two Saturdays and I’m off tomorrow for a session.

Purchased some HB Frosties and tied some hooks even purchased some of Nicks ultracore.
Now I’m planning a winter campaign on some of the local fisheries. It’s good to have something to look forward to and get out of the house.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Thanks guys car was loaded last night and in the garage flask is about to be made. The planned fishery is only about 40 mins drive so will be off in about half an hour.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
The fishery of choice today was Aston Park I haven’t fished it for about 9 years.
Had a good first hour and slowly went down hill but no one else was catching either. By switching lines I managed to keep a few fish coming my way. The weeks rain and a cold night put them down.
But that’s fishing still enjoyed it and when the sun put in an appearance it was warm on your back.
I must be a bit sad though as I’m looking forward to the winter.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Personally I enjoy fishing in winter. I like the challenge. Getting that first bite / fish seems more satisfying. Thanks to my friend and forum member Nicky Dodds I've got a couple of winter areas on our local canal to try this year. We both must be sad then Nobby. ?