Back home again and a long wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobby478

miserable old ....
[:(!] Got sent home from hospital without getting treated ..first they promise me immediate treatment if I get worse ( I did) then they call me in and simply send me home again and will see me in four months, that's the soonest I can get on the list for the treatment...it could be Winter again before I'm treated.

At first you might think it is because I'm not so ill after all, but I think it might have more to do with staffing levels, the boss of the department is off sick.

My GP is furious and has begged me to find the money to go private, but a second opinion would be 200 or so and the various procedures are 2 to 4 Grand [:0]. Looks like the only sensible thing to do though....why have I been paying my stamp all these years until I retired ???

I can't face any food as I feel constantly nauseous, I daren't go too far from a hospital in case I am taken seriously ill and I need to drink 2 gallons of water a day to stop my kidneys going on the blink.

As you might guess, I ain't getting a lot of sleep and fishing opportunities are a bit limited.

'Scuse me...must dash to the loo...........
[:D]

me

just tell them you want to go to a hospital in a different area. May mean a bit of a travel from your home but if it means getting treated then the traveling will be worth it

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Disgusting that Nobby, [:0]
so much for Government spin promise anything and everything
and you end up with nothing. [V] [:(!]

Harry.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Nobby, keep battling away mate, dont let the b*****ds get you down[:T]

nobby478

miserable old ....
Thanks for your good wishes fellers. At last I know what is wrong with me, been feeling rough since September. It's taken so long to find out. Pretty scarey the last week or so, I thought I was checking out I felt so ill.

If I could only catch a few fish to take me mind off it....but I'm the King of Blankers at the moment!

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Nobby which hospital is that mate??? Not east surey by any chance??? When I seriously damaged my ankle they refused point blank to give me an x-ray.

nobby478

miserable old ....
Hi Sven, no it's the Royal Surrey in Guildford.

I have just this minute learned that the guy I am paying 200 to for a private second opinion is in fact THE VERY CONSULTANT IN CHARGE OF THE CLINIC I HAVE BEEN ATTENDING [:0] [:(!] [:0] [:(!]

Because his clinic is backed-up with patients because so many doctors are off sick I have to pay to see the guy the NHS is already paying to deal with me.

You couldn't make it up !

It's so stupid it's almost funny.

Now comes the interesting bit.... Is he really going to say to me that he disagrees with the decision to put back my urgent treatment....when it's his own department that has made the decision to put it back, thereby critisicing his own staff and his leadership of them ?????

Or is he going to agree with his own department, regardless of the effect their decision might have on my health ?

This is going to be fun [;)]

fishdogmick

catch alot
no he is going to say pay private and your in within a week or your back on the waiting list .trust me im a docter[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.