Back after a few years away.....

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Where Ya based Stewie ?

Cambridge/Suffolk borders, I live in Suffolk, but only 20 mins from Cambridge.

My local fishery is called Long Pond, there's 2 lakes there and it;s day ticket only. The smaller one is full of small carp, a few big ones to 20 odd lb, bream, tench, roach, the bigger lake has more carp, mainly doubles and a few big boys to early 30's.

Biggest I ever had out was an 8lb mirror, caught on sweetcorn in about 2 foot of margin right at the end of the day. I was pretty new to fishing at that stage and almost soiled myself when the line started screaming off the reel as it made a run for the reeds off the island in front. Took me about 10 minutes to land it, I was literally shaking when I finally got it on the bank.

Its owned by a retired fella, very knowledgeable about fishing and always happy to chat. I think the venue is quite lightly fished, unless one of the local clubs hires it for a match I've never seen more than about half a dozen pegs in use on either lake.

It's quite natural in appearance, islands in both lakes, lots of lilies and tree lined around the edges. Regardless of whether the fish are having it it's just a lovely place to sit and while away a few hours.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
As the Good lord Blessed ya with Good taste i will forgive ya ;)
Lol, if it makes any difference she got me into Rugby League, we used to go and watch London Broncos when we were childless and they played at Griffin Park. Don't go any more but still watch it on the telly quite a bit. She was a Keighley Cougars fan growing up.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Welcome. I'm a returning angler too, although I'm still getting ready to get out yet. Slowly getting the kit I need, and waiting for a bit of normality to return to the world. I hope you have a good return to sport.

Chrissill

I’m in the same boat although it’s over 30 years since I fished! All my mates fish, so gave it another go 3 years ago and absolutely loved it. Slowly learning and building up my kit 👍