AWW YOU GUYS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazalio

DAZ
orite guys, I aint been a member on here for long but already I'm amazed at how well you guys get on and have a laugh,do you all personal know each other? or are you just really good 'cyber' mates? (bit of a soppy message but I had to ask)
crybaby2.gif crybaby2.gif crybaby2.gif crybaby2.gif

ALIO
DJ.gif

(just moving it - Dave
)

Edited by - Dave on 17 April 2002 12:56:03 AM

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Good cyber mates some of whom have managed to meet several times with more arranged or yet to be arranged. This is due I think to the type of angler attracted here, and is repeated from the top down.
We all take the serious business of fishing and apply the required amount of humour John

chill out go fishing

scouse

'River Man'
Hi Daz
you`ll find on here the lads are second to none
what ever problem you have with fishing, or computer,
theres always someone to help no matter what
it`s the best thing you`v do joining this site
tightlines dave(scouse)

vectradog

Hey alio
I am fairly new to this site as well.
I spend so much time visiting the site that the missus asked me at the weekend if I was chatting up a piece on the side.
They really are a great bunch,and although Ive been fishing for more years than I care to remember I have picked up some good info from the site.
Special mention here for Trev,Splodge,Newt,Martin and all the Daves.
Speak to you soon
Tightlines
Vectradog(Dave)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dazalio,

One of the main criteria that I used when I decided to launch the site was humour and fishing. Myself personally, I don't take life too seriously but prefer to laugh through the good and bad times and treat each with it's own merit.
My main hobby is fishing so it was decided to combine the two, why not have a site that is fishing orientated but also encompasses the lighter side of life. Most coarse anglers that I know have other interests as well so the site was/is being developed as a 'Meeting place for Coarse anglers' where we can all exchange fishy tales and info, have a laugh and above all meet others (on-line or off) with a similar interest but not specific to.

These days life has it's own hassles and most people go on to the 'net for pleasure (or info) so let's have somewhere where we can all unwind, have a laugh and drink a virtual guinness

Regards, Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Welcome Daz, and I couldnt agree more!
This is the most marvellous, friendly site going!
It is also well regulated and efficient with a really nice crew in charge!
People here are always so nice and helpful!

OK well thats enuff of all this arse licking
AND why dont one of these dumbo so called moderators.... Just following instructions roflmao.gif - Dave

ROTFLMAO
Love
Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Dave on 17 April 2002 12:53:31 AM

MALC

As most will be aware i've been unable to get on line for the past 11 days CHEERS NTLand it's felt as if i'd lost contact with a member of my family (now that does sound soppy) but thats what it's like on Maggotdrowning
1 big happy family of friends
Well done Dave and crew for suppling us the members with the best site on the net

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks Dave for following instructions and DAZ, I hope you enjoyed the joke (and the move too)
Trust you took it in the spirit intended!

Good Luck and tight lines!

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Awwwww Malc
now look what you've gone and done
lol

Glad to see you've made it back, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
dazalio - lots of the folks on here will have met in person as a result of posting. Fish-ins and such.

I live a bit far to have met anyone yet but Ziptrev is crossing the pond next month so I can then say I have met at least one.

This is a super friendly site. Nice folks and fun posts. And a large well-done to the owner and his mods for keeping it that way.

Little things that happen are nice too. I mentioned on another site (and quite a while ago) that I was curious about the Big S lure all the lure anglers were talking about. So Trogg sent me one. So I sent a rod/ree/float sized for his little girl. And so it has gone. I later (and from someone else) got a couple of long UK style rods (well, long for the US at 11ft
). He wouldn't give me a clue what he might like so I sent ultra-light rod/reel/lures to a couple of other folks. And all this from getting to know them on angling boards.

These are the world's greatest places to get information. Whatever your question, someone knows an answer. They are also super for meeting (or cyber meeting) some great anglers.

Newt Vail

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
When i first started on the net i was warned not to confuse "cyber" & "real" friendship, so far i have only a couple of regrets but i still class most the people i talk to on the boards as friends.

The first time i ever sent anything to the states was Newts lures & i hope he's caught with them as well (talking about that Newt has that hook tyer arrived??).

I have had the honour of meeting many of the posters on here , they even came to see me at work as i couldn't make the last fish-in.
Which really made my day BTW, so you see Daz its a site like this that makes the net worth while & believe me mate you'll never be sorry for joining in on MD.

Dave
If you started this site with the fishing/humor intention then why the hell am i a mod??

I mean c'mon mate when do i get to go fishing (or catch,,, before you say anything) & what sense of humor have i got???

Alan
You've just been moderated

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Dave
If you started this site with the fishing/humor intention then why the hell am i a mod??
I mean c'mon mate when do i get to go fishing (or catch,,, before you say anything) & what sense of humor have i got???

Y'know, it's something that's been puzzling me ever since
lol

Must be your charm and community skills

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
hi dazalio
i wont bore you with all my views there on some of the other forums
but the above postings are all spot on

beer-toast1.gif

tight lines.
martin.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dazalio,
As you have realised,everyone on this forum,would seem to share the same attitude.........We love our fishing (be it match,pleasure or specimen) we like a laugh and there are no secrets.
We aren't here to pass judgement,we are here to help.
Ask a question and we will all do our best to give an honest answer/opinion.
This site is only as good as the sum of it's parts,and the parts are all the posters,without all of you,all the hard work on Dave & the team's part wouldn't be worth anything.
deal.gif Come on now get posting.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.