Avanti top kits

Budgetangler01

Hi all
I am a new member so want to introduce myself aswell my name is chris
So i recently purchased a avanti hyperactive competition 16m pole (i know they are not a good quality etc) but my budget at the moment isnt what i would like i am saving up for something better made but just wanted something to get me started for the mean time
My question is is there any top kits around that would possibly fit on the number 4? I measured the female section of the number 3 and measured 23mmish the plan is to use this for the short term then once i get something better use the avanti for my son to use the first few section
I have tried looking at the caperlan kits but unsure as they dont give dimensions on most the kits
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Kind regards
Chris

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Sadly the Avanti topkits that used to be sold by Dragon Carp Direct are no longer available since Sports Direct bought them out. I am assuming the pole is second hand. Unless someone has some old Avanti kits that have not been cut back you may struggle to find something that fits.

Regret to say now that you would have been better off buying something shorter with a good spares kit as a starter.

MrBen

Site Supporter
Try your local tackle shop and see if they have some universal top kits they can make fit.

satinet

Site Supporter
The butt diameter of the caperlan kits is given as 1.9cm outside.

adriang

Site Supporter
Try your local tackle shop and see if they have some universal top kits they can make fit.
this.. I got top kits (with a trim) to fit a 10-15 year old pole. Tackle shops often have all kinds of odds and sods kicking about.