australia verses New zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodge1

The Annual TransTasman Trophy match took place this year in Australia. This match up gives the New Zealand anglers the chance to measure themselves against the Australians, who enter a team for the World Match Fishing Contest. The twoday International was held on the Barwin River near Melbourne. This is a very wide, and fairly straight river with very little flow. The weather has been very hot (30 degrees plus) and very dry. The team had two days of practice on the river and quickly found that the fish were well out and needed plenty of feed. Large feeders or method feeders were needed and 50 plus metres was the distance you had to go to find fish. The first day of the match, the temperatures were in the mid thirties, with virtually no wind. The fish were not very co-operative and seemed to be in small shoals. Most anglers had a hard time and the New Zealand team found themselves well behind after the first day. Day Two was somewhat warmer, Melbourne had the second highest temperature recorded EVER, which was in the mid forties. One New Zealand angler needed treatment for heat exhaustion. As you can see from the photos, it is a sandy type of bank and shallow for a long way out. Main species targeted for these matches are roach, and carp. Whilst New Zealand made up some points, it wasnt enough to overhaul the Australians.

Datafile3.jpg

As you can see its wide Datafile3.jpg
and shallow in close.
The brightness of the sun
was too much for the
camera.

Lid

Very interesting Lodge1. That's incredibly hot - mid 40's. If it ever got to 50, it would kill people I guess.

What sort of weights/nos of fish were caught?

Lid [:)]

MALC

Now thats what you call SUMMER FISHING [:D][:D]

Keep em coming Lodge.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Now Malc,

That somewhere we could have a match for the summer series.Would sure top up my tan.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

scott essery

'Silver man'
[8D]Bloody Ozzies win everything!!! [8D] [;)]

how did u do lodge?

but i agree, what a day! Thats what i call fishing weather [:D]

so Keith you all rearing to go for the summer series? have you been fishing much of late?

silver man

Last edited:

lodge1

the results were supposed to be under the picture but I did something wrong.so here goes.Ive only put in the section winners.
Day 1
section A keith thomas 12.3kg [aust]
B Ching Shi 4.18kgNZ
C Matt Sellen 3.56kg NZ
D Danny Brown 2.78kg NZ
E Peter Veal 10.1kg aus
F Glen Nicholls 10.49kg aus
Day 2
Section A Peter Veal 12.5kg aus
B Glen Nicholls 36.12kg aus
C Dave Dixon 15.70kg NZ
D Gary Bourne 13.56kg NZ
E Keith Thomas 7.9kg NZ
F Alan Wood 8.2kg NZ
Australia won by 17 points

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Scott,

went out with Malc during last week and no one had a bite.what have you been up to.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

scott essery

'Silver man'
Nice one Lodge.... do the ozzies always win the NZ v Ozz matches?

Keith

Ive been taking Kev's advice (not the footie though) and warming my toes in front of the TV over the winter

and by seeing how you and Malc are sacking up, im not to jelous [:D]

all gearing up the the summer mate. Been experimenting with disolution rates of different pellets, seeing how different blends of groundbait/liquidized meat mixes behave in the water, trying paste mixes and generaly playing about. also getting inside help for moorlands ... well, ive got a reputation to live up to [;)]

So generaly planning for the weather to turn warm, buying kit and tying rigs. Todays gorgious here in stoke (typical, its a monday and im at work! ) [xx(]

so if it continues like this i'll be back on the bank in 3 weeks time

how are you and the coke heads?

hows Rolfs?

silver man

Status
Not open for further replies.