Attractant quantities (liquid molasses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Hi
I'm fishing the method tommorow and i've got a method mix and ive bought some liquid mollasses to mix in with it( carp are going mad for it) how should i go about adding this. When mixing up the groundbait do i dissolve som of the mollasses in the water and mix it in? or do I just add some neat?
Also, how much do i need to be adding, i have no idea what quantities to add, but im guessing you don't add much?
Thanks
[}:)]The percher[}:)]

J.Tolley

vectradog

Hi Percher
Normally I mix a small amount of mollasses with the water before mixing the groundbait and then just carry on as normal.
If you put too much in it gives a very strong smell and I am always a bit wary of frightening the fish with a strong smelling groundbait.
Good Luck

Vectradog

joe32

I have to agree with vectradog as to the method of mixing add it to the water and then mix up the groundbait in the normal manner.
I have used it at quite high rates without any undue effects but to start with i would go with 20-50 ml per kilo and see how you go

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

Triturus

What, if anything , is the difference between molasses and black treacle?

Neil

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Black treacle is a very dark-hued residue created during the process of sugar refining. This is a British product, similar but somewhat more bitter tasting than molasses. The black gunge found at the bottom of the sugar factory after all the sugar has been removed.

Black Strap Molasses or Sorgum Molasses - like Black Treacle, about 50% sugar as compared to near 90% for some of the other syrups including light treacle.

Some confusion since true Molasses is the same product (same stage of production) as Black Treacle but from a different cane - sorgum rather than sugar cane. But many places, the two terms are simply different names for the exact same item.

And to add a bit more to the confusion, molasses can be very different from different suppliers - more or less refined - so you pretty well need to buy from the same source and get accustomed to theirs.

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

norm

you have to mix it with water or you would be in a big mess

i always take it to ireland to mix with my brown crumb
it is a good attractor and also binds the crumb

in-fact i would have had another gallon if martin never brought me cod liver oil by mistake lol

Datafile3.asp

scouse_lee

evertonian
dont know if this is any good to anyone but, ive just bought 5 litres of molases for 5 (and 25kg of maize for the same price) from a farm shop. well i guess its cheaper than tackle shop.

although its sealed up so i cant tell you the consistancy.
ive also read they use it for making rum !!! back to the shed for the experiments.
15 DAYS TO IRELAND...

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
did the bream, tench and carp go for the cod liver oil, Norm?

May all your lines be tight ones, and may all your tales be tall ones. bounce.gif

Deano

Simon R

Site Supporter
I get my molasses from farm supply shop too, gallon is only about a fiver (and it lasts forever). I think it's probably slightly more viscous than the stuff you buy from the tackle shops - but at that price I'm not complaining!

It's amazing all the things you can buy from animal feed suppliers - calf nuts, pigeon conditioning mix, flaked maize, wheat, hemp etc etc.

The only thing you can't buy anymore is fishmeal (used to be 8 for 25kg too)

Tight Lines

Simon

joe32

quote:The only thing you can't buy anymore is fishmeal (used to be 8 for 25kg too)

You can buy loads of different fishmeals in 1,3 or 25kg sacks all from Marriages in Chelmsford see link in bulk buy bait thread.
Provimi 66 is a popular one as is LT 94 herring meal.But they also do crab,krill,sardine and quite a few others.Might be a bit more than 8 per 25kg more like 15-19 quid for same amount

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
That's a shame, it might have been good for your joints!

May all your lines be tight ones, and may all your tales be tall ones. bounce.gif

Deano

anyexcuse

If you use it in your joints dont your fags go limp!!

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

ANJIEJON

i mix it with warm water in high proportions had no probs though it does pong a bit

JOHNDEARN

Status
Not open for further replies.