atmospheric air pressure and carp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyprinid_boy

I received this Email via my web site and i was hoping one of you chaps might be better qualified to answer the question on my behalf.

Thanks
Mat

"Hello, Could you possibly tell me how and why atmospheric air pressure changes affect carp feeding habits.
I am an angler who notices that when carp fishing (mainly upto 10lb fish size) the carp can switch feeding on/off depending on the atmospheric air pressure and its recent changes.
Any information would be appreciated"

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Mat,
would love to help, but I am one of those who have to have some idea, and sorry, but I haven't got a clue!
All I know is that my local lake at 900 feet is still not producing carp, whilst all the boys on the lower lakes on this forum are reporting damn good catches.
Pressure?

Cya

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nope, I haven't a clue either thinking.gif

Dave

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

i havent studied it enough to have anything concrete but i have usually found rising pressure to be productive for most species of cyprinids including carp,but as for the reason why this is, well, i suspect its not directly due to the pressure but rather to the temps that seem to accompany the high pressure systems.

good luck
adam

The tench shall inherit the earth.

http://communities.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

doughnut

Alright,

One of the best times for carping is when the air pressure rises after a low pressure.... can make em feed like mad.

Low air pressure is definately one of the worst times to fish for carp, almost a waste of time but of course you can catch in the most difficult conditions if your luck is in, it's definately worth keeping an eye on.

Heres a little tip: when its very foggy fish near the surface or well off bottom anyway, I'm not too sure if this is a kight thing or an air pressure thing but try it anyway.

Hope this helps a little, Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.