At your targets in front, watch and shoot, watch and shoot.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
This clip is doing the rounds at the mo. The rocket attack on the Yank base the other day or an attack on somewhere at sometime.

Attachments

• VID-20200110-WA0002.mp4
    9.7 MB · Views: 285

62tucker

Site Supporter
It's an MP4 video

See this:

Every days a school day on maggotdrowning. ?
Amazing that video. What would that be. Like laser ?

Chervil

Site Supporter
Every days a school day on maggotdrowning. ?
Amazing that video. What would that be. Like laser ?
Phalanx, Close In Weapon System (CIWS), which has been around since about 1980. Normally ship mounted and was recto fitted on a lot of our ships after the Falklands. The new QE 2 aircraft carriers have 3 on them, I believe.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I love the Phalanx system, had a mate send me the video over whatsapp just so he would know if it was real or not.

When i explained it has been around for over 30 years and was originally used as missile protection on ships he was blown away (for want of a better word) he honestly thought it was a deep fake video, when i'd explained that it was a six barrel gun a 'bit smaller' than the one from the warthog he replied "holy sh** Trogg i thought it was lazers but you're telling me that thing is firing bullets?".....i told him to go google it and watch some of the youtube videos :)

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Amazing - explians why Americans were saying that no bases were hit - bet it came as a sad outcome to Iranians just how powerful systems are which Americans employ. Was it 18 rockets they sent?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Def CGI/game and not real but still cool and def how the real thing works, the smoke and fire easily shows its CGI

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Bear in mind that in between every tracer shot you can see, there are four lead shot you can't see...its a serious hail of lead or depleted uranium that those things fire...

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
If you look at the explosions of the supposed downed missiles as they crash and the way the subsequent smoke dissipates it is hard to believe it is the real thing.

But it's a pretty awesome sight nonetheless!

Chervil

Site Supporter
I much preferred the GPMG.
Because of my roles, I normally had an SMG. However the Chieftain Bridge Layers had two GPMG, The Centurion AVREs , because of their age, two .30 Brownings (Plus, of course a rather large 165mm gun). Whilst the Lynx had 8 TOW missiles.