Aston Park Fishery - Sheffield meet up

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
No excuses for blanking from me...except 1. Wrong bait, I should have hair rigged a hand grenade (or 6), still, had a great time and a laugh.
As for the rat, I was paid a visit 4 or 5 times by this little creature. It wasn't after the groundbait as such, it was nicking the fishmeal pellet that was in it. Don't you just love the little toe-wrags. It's fair to say though that I was starting to get the fish biting as we were starting to pack up and I lost 3 fish to the marginal weeds.
I'll get my own back. I'm already working on a plan for the next outing (assuming I don't hide away in shame).

Thanks to Sly and Fishy Medic for making a dull day seem even duller from the mickey taking..I mean for the good company. :LOL: (y)

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
You flatter me! I just fell on the right method on the day. Was great to meet up with some fellow MD'ers. Always better to share a days fishing in my view. I thought the weather was kind at least. I hope those pork chops and cottage pie went down well on your returns. My roast lamb was just the ticket! I enjoyed sharing some banter. We were even entertained by a rat pinching uk1's groundbait lol. Here is to some more MD gatherings ?
So,not only do you beat us both,you then kick us whilst down by bragging about your roast lamb, sir,have you no shame ???

sly

Site Supporter
No excuses for blanking from me...except 1. Wrong bait, I should have hair rigged a hand grenade (or 6), still, had a great time and a laugh.
As for the rat, I was paid a visit 4 or 5 times by this little creature. It wasn't after the groundbait as such, it was nicking the fishmeal pellet that was in it. Don't you just love the little toe-wrags. It's fair to say though that I was starting to get the fish biting as we were starting to pack up and I lost 3 fish to the marginal weeds.
I'll get my own back. I'm already working on a plan for the next outing (assuming I don't hide away in shame).

Thanks to Sly and Fishy Medic for making a dull day seem even duller from the mickey taking..I mean for the good company. :LOL:(y)
Bring it on big man,bring it on ????

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@sly
O.K. then, should you have a day on our club waters, just be aware that there is no cafe, so no coffee or bacon sarnies. Also, being as I'm the bailiff on said waters, I will be checking your hook, and your feeder(s) to make sure it's inline and not put on as a bolt rig. I will also be checking your baits to make sure they're up to the standard our fish expect. If none of the aforesaid mentioned is complied with, then the carp are under instruction to pull your elastic to the other side of said lakes. :devil-flip: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sly

Site Supporter
@sly
O.K. then, should you have a day on our club waters, just be aware that there is no cafe, so no coffee or bacon sarnies. Also, being as I'm the bailiff on said waters, I will be checking your hook, and your feeder(s) to make sure it's inline and not put on as a bolt rig. I will also be checking your baits to make sure they're up to the standard our fish expect. If none of the aforesaid mentioned is complied with, then the carp are under instruction to pull your elastic to the other side of said lakes. :devil-flip: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nasty bugga ????

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Nasty bugga ????

Who? Me?... never. :p There is a cafe near the bottom of the street opens about 7.30 if you need a sarny, you can have a brew at our house before we go to lakes if you want. If you need a brew during the session though then you'll need a flask.

Total

Site Supporter

Thanks to Sly and Fishy Medic for making a dull day seem even duller from the mickey taking..I mean for the good company. :LOL:(y)

^^Smiling here!;)

.....Just waiting for the full post/report on your tactics on the day!:rolleyes::p:D

.......Reads like you all had an enjoyable day........What it's all about.:)(y)

ukzero1

Site Supporter
^^Smiling here!;)

.....Just waiting for the full post/report on your tactics on the day!:rolleyes::p:D

.......Reads like you all had an enjoyable day........What it's all about.:)(y)

You mean we supposed to have tactics o_O? Oh well, back to the drawing board. :whistle: :LOL:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
It generally helps!:LOL:......I thought you made fair start with ledgering 'grenades':D:LOL:

Well, the tackle shop was all out of dynamite. As for tactics, if fishing with us, they go out the window, tactics seem far too serious. :LOL: It's a case of bait, hook, water...sling it in.

sly

Site Supporter
Tactics, tactics,what the **** are tactics:unsure::D:D,I think the only one who had them was fishy medic,and they certainly worked for hlm:):)

ukzero1

Site Supporter
To be fair, the reel on my feeder rod did seize on me, hence my post in the Classifieds, Wanted. I only had my carp rod to work with as I'd forgotten to take the pole. It was too late to set up the float rod and I was to busy having a laugh.

Last edited:

Total

Site Supporter
Well, the tackle shop was all out of dynamite. As for tactics, if fishing with us, they go out the window, tactics seem far too serious. :LOL: It's a case of bait, hook, water...sling it in.

......And blank!:rolleyes::p:D

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Eh?, you get that and I end up with something chinese, having said that, it looked messy but tasted nice. :D

sly

Site Supporter
and rudely interrupting I had chicken,leek and mushrooms done in white wine and fresh double cream with green and white stuff,yum yums