Aston Park Fishery - Sheffield meet up

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Both myself and Sly are fishing Lanta Lake on the 4th November. Anyone wishing to join us is more than welcome but because this lake is popular, pegs cannot be pre-booked so if you're coming...be early.
The onsite cafe has a very good choice and the staff are welcoming.
This is a very good fishery sponsored by Browning and has several lakes to have a go at. For those that fish pellet it's fishery pellet only but the tackle shop is well stocked. If anyone needs more info here's the website...

Home | Aston Park Fisheries | Sheffield's Premier Fishery

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Would love to join you but I'm away that weekend

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Fishy Medic

Should be there around 7.15am (ish) but could be a little earlier. Last time we went, the lake we're going on (Lanta) was packed so decided to get there early this time. Sort out the pegs and coffee time. Never fished that lake before so it'll be an interesting day.

Fishy Medic

Cheers. I will try and join you. I've fished Aston a few times recently. Lovely fishery to my mind. Fished a couple of opens there but the locals have it nailed so very hard trying to frame. Not fished Lanta myself either so will make a nice change. I agree that the staff and cafe are very helpful and friendly. Hopefully see you there. I'll be the 6'4" chap in his new b&b ?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Fishy Medic
And you'll see 2 very handsome guys, with mega fishing tackle...we'll be pegged somewhere near those :ROFLMAO:. Depending on what weather Sunday brings, I'll be in a slightly battered olive green all-in-one fishing suit. black Team Daiwa fleece, and black Team Daiwa baseball cap. If it's on the mild side..ignore the all-in-one. It's my round for the coffee's too.

Last edited:

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
A
@Fishy Medic
And you'll see 2 very handsome guys, with mega fishing tackle...we'll be pegged somewhere near those :ROFLMAO:. Depending on what weather Sunday brings, I'll be in a slightly battered olive green all-in-one fishing suit. black Team Daiwa fleece, and black Team Daiwa baseball cap. If it's on the mild side..ignore the all-in-one. It's my round for the coffee's too.
Are you feeling alright, you're not ill or anything are you:unsure: :D:D

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I'm fine mate..doctors have said I'm allowed to play with sharp objects again, mwahahaha. o_O:whistle::ROFLMAO:

sly

Site Supporter
What,adult supervision,if that's the case then that's me out of the window :D:geek:

sly

Site Supporter
if anyone else reads this,the point of going fishing is to catch fish,that point was sadly lost on me and uk1,but not on fishy medic who we met at aston,from the word go he was off,roach,bream and other assorted fish,whilst me and ul1 could only look on with growing mardyness as we sat there biteless .I tried pellet,sweetcorn pellet with sweetcorn,nothing,all the while fishie`s total was going up and up and to give him his due he only shouted I got 1 twice and not very loudly at that either,fishie`s success was down to A being better than us two B not fishing with bullrope or bungee elastic and using a float rod skilfully,half way thru the day I caught my first fish which was a proper bream,the consensus was the fish felt sorry for me then another long spell of inactivity eventually ended by the capture of two roach on pole and sweetcorn ,poor old uk1 caught nothing all day,apart from mick taking and sarcasm amd he caught a hell of a lot of it.
from me and uk1`s point of view the fishing wasn`t great but the sarcasm and banter helped make the day better than It was and hats off to fishy medic for showing us how it should be done

Fishy Medic

You flatter me! I just fell on the right method on the day. Was great to meet up with some fellow MD'ers. Always better to share a days fishing in my view. I thought the weather was kind at least. I hope those pork chops and cottage pie went down well on your returns. My roast lamb was just the ticket! I enjoyed sharing some banter. We were even entertained by a rat pinching uk1's groundbait lol. Here is to some more MD gatherings ?