ashes to ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
just been watching the start .....gene hunt and gang doing uptown girl .....fooking classic

band.gif

davyr

Originally posted by bigkevb

just been watching the start .....gene hunt and gang doing uptown girl .....fooking classic

That was definitely the best bit of the show - can't believe the writers gave Ray that old chestnut to repeat about "Where's the most unusual place a man's made love to you".

And as for risking Shazza's life by having no idea where she was, even though they all knew she was with a serial killer...

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Beth Goddard, the lass who played Elaine Downing the dating agency boss, is Philip Glenister's (Gene Hunt) wife.

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Watched it last night.

One key sublte part gave a vital clue about the origin of Keats - the DNC bloke.

He's from the later than 1983.

When Drake mentioned Jeffrey Dahmer, Keats nodded in agreemet whilst Hunt looked blank.

Dahmer wasn't caputred until 1991. Ergo, Keats is from the present, or later than 1991 at least. [;)]

Davejg

It was all good, i thought the best bit was when ray was trying to decide what to make the twins do to get off the speeding charge, I know someone who did that in the early eighties[;)], not with twins though[8D]

nobby478

miserable old ....
Good point Lurkio !

Well spotted......so the rubberheels a Time Lord?

I nearly lost a mouthful of claret when that bird replied to Hunt about the 'unusual' place she had been made love too.....you just don't expect that on TV...right caught me out!

I see both Labour and Conservative have been using Gene Hunt in advertising campaigns...that's the sign of success, surely?

Last edited:

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by Davejg

It was all good, i thought the best bit was when ray was trying to decide what to make the twins do to get off the speeding charge, I know someone who did that in the early eighties[;)], not with twins though[8D]

The best bit for me was the one Davyr mentioned. When the 'plain' lass puased and said, "In my bottom". roflmao.gif

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by nobby478

Good point Lurkio !

Well spotted......so the rubberheels a Time Lord?

I feel sure I've seen him in other episodes - flashbacks (or forwards) to Drake in hospital in previous episodes. Or maybe it's my mind playing tricks. The bloke playing him has been in lots of things in the last year or so.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by lurkio
The bloke playing him has been in lots of things in the last year or so.

Me and the other half said the same thing after the first episode - but when we checked out what he'd been in the only thing we'd seen him in was a single episode of 'Hustle'.[:0]
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0990547/

Guess he must just look familiar.[:p]

Simon

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by Simon R

Originally posted by lurkio
The bloke playing him has been in lots of things in the last year or so.

Me and the other half said the same thing after the first episode - but when we checked out what he'd been in the only thing we'd seen him in was a single episode of 'Hustle'.[:0]
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0990547/

Guess he must just look familiar.[:p]

Simon

He's been in a couple of cop/drama type things on ITV/BBC1 - - one where he was the one what done it.

Also saw him in The Street, Plus One and Red Riding.

jason39

love this programe.Just read on internet that Gene is going to wreck the blue peter garden chasing a criminal,and its going to be combined with the real footage from when it happened.[:)]

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by jason39

love this programe.Just read on internet that Gene is going to wreck the blue peter garden chasing a criminal,and its going to be combined with the real footage from when it happened.[:)]

Oooh. Now which footballer was part of the bunch of kids that did that in the 70s/80s? Wasn't it Sir Les Ferdinand?

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Eureka! [:D]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/983304.stm

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
gene hunt "all women like a kit kat shuffle when it comes to firemen " fookin classic

lurkio

A little dab'll do
I really hope Gene Hunt gets to give Jim Keats a nice slap before the end. He's getting right up my nose. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.