ashes on the river soar

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.

Account Locked
whilst watching central news whilst making some pike traces i heard something mention that made me look up.
it appears that a religous group, i believe he said hindus are finding it a financial burden to have there dead relatives/loved ones ashes scatterd on the river ganges in india.
So they are looking at applying for a strech of the river soar with a view to having it dedicated to allow them to scatter the ashes on there.
I am unable to post my view on this but i thought that you would like to know.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

darryl

they are trying to have the law changed to allow them to throw ashes flowers and family trinkets in the soar here`s me thinking my license money was for the cleaning and up keep of the rivers doh!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Martin,

They could give the ashes to me and I would mix them in with my groundbait. Make a nice dark mix for clear water.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Martin,

Received your PM. I liked it.

I often use curry powder to flavour luncheon meat and maggots. Would make a good substitute.

Geoff

martin.

Account Locked
glad you liked the reply geoff i didnt want to put it on and just get it deletedas long as i keep my views on this subject private
then i cant be accused of anything good job they cant do us for what we think

tight lines.
martin.

Lid

I can guess what you said though ..... good job I'm not a Hindu !!! [:D][8D][:D]

Lid - formerley known as Leighton [:)]

darryl

if they get there own way on the soar what is next the thames and then you will get every tom dick and harry claming some other rivers for so called religon things like fish worshipping

martin.

Account Locked
its bad enough on some town cetre rivers/canals with
wrappers & containes from
American fried chicken & burger places
cinese takeaway.
italian pizza places
british chip shops
indian take aways
just to name a few

tight lines.
martin.

Ian C

I'd say I prefer to keep an open mind on this one and don't really have any views for or against. But a thought crossed my mind whilst reading this thread...

Suppose you were fishing a peg on the Soar and had spent some time baiting your swim and got em going really well. Then, along comes someone who throws ashes from a bridge just upstream from you...

Could the fish you have in your swim be tempted to follow the cloud that has suddenly appeared in the water?

Sorry if its a dumb question, as I don't do much river fishing [:I]

Ian C

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by Lid

I can guess what you said though ..... good job I'm not a Hindu !!! [:D][8D][:D]

Lid - formerley known as Leighton [:)]

[;)]

Geoff

martin.

Account Locked
hi ian
you change to stick float tactics & use tummuric flavoured maggots

tight lines.
martin.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Joking apart lads,

A similar application was made in Leeds a couple of years ago and was turned down.
The local Hindu community applied for permission to scatter their families ashes over the River Aire above the Kirkstall Abbey stretch. The application also included plans for a funeral pyre/crematorium.

I'm not sure exactly on what grounds the application was refused but I believe it was to do with ethics

In all honesty if someone has an objection to plans then they need to approach the planning office in that locality to establish what the plans entail and then make a formal objection stating their reasons.
Ethics is a good start bearing in mind that the area downstream would be used for recreational purposes, etc

Dave

(ps Keep the thread free from racists comments as I don't want a load of complaints landing on my doormat [:)])

Dave

Last edited:

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
My final request is to have my ashes scattered in to the River Severn. Will it be allowed??

chill out go fishing

angler-mark

If anyone wants their ashes scattered in the Trent, I'm taking bookings now. It will only cost you 5000-00p per kilo. [;)][;)][;)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by angler-mark

If anyone wants their ashes scattered in the Trent, I'm taking bookings now. It will only cost you 5000-00p per kilo. [;)][;)][;)]

In that case, at my present weight, I'd better get a second mortgage, just to pay for the funeral!!!!!!

martin.

Account Locked
hi mark
which of archies flavours will you use with the new dark g/bait that there paying you to use

tight lines.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.