Asahi Super Dry

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've mentioned this beer before. It's one of Japans best selling beers, and I love Japan so it's nice to have the taste of that country over here. It's a rice beer so tastes slightly different (next I'll be having green tea and rice for dinner). I loved it when I first tried it, it's lost its kick a little bit over time but I still drink it. Gave my dad a bottle of it last night and he enjoyed it. I've mentioned it to mates though and they have recoiled with disgust saying they've tried it and didn't like it. I think @Silver fan 82 said something similar to me, that it's not for him, I'd still like to be able to get it on tap though. Anyone tried it?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I had a bottle of Bangla and a bottle of Singha last night. My off license sells mostly bottles of Asian beer. Lost Lager is my dads usual lager of late, he gave my uncle a can and he didn't like it, my dad told him it's a 'sipping' lager, that's why he likes it because he can drink it slowly. My uncle does usually drink Carling though (has just had prostate cancer which I think is why). My dad said of Asahi - "mmm nice and crisp" - which is why I like it, presumably no hops whereas a lot of craft beers seems very hoppy (if that's the right description) to me these days.

Silver fan 82

I've mentioned this beer before. It's one of Japans best selling beers, and I love Japan so it's nice to have the taste of that country over here. It's a rice beer so tastes slightly different (next I'll be having green tea and rice for dinner). I loved it when I first tried it, it's lost its kick a little bit over time but I still drink it. Gave my dad a bottle of it last night and he enjoyed it. I've mentioned it to mates though and they have recoiled with disgust saying they've tried it and didn't like it. I think @Silver fan 82 said something similar to me, that it's not for him, I'd still like to be able to get it on tap though. Anyone tried it?
Yes I remember that conversation mate. It's not for me when I tried it a few years back.
Prefer my ales nowadays lol!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My brother is well into his Brewdog and Beavertown style ales, Neck Oil etc... to me there nice but what I mean by 'hoppy' not sure if right but they are tangy.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Maxima for wagglers and float fish for rivers, sorted. The same simplistic approach should be taken regarding beer.

Shepherd Neame and the black sheep brewery will provide you with all you need.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
My brother is well into his Brewdog and Beavertown style ales, Neck Oil etc... to me there nice but what I mean by 'hoppy' not sure if right but they are tangy.
I pika brewdog punk, not really hoppy, if you taste it after a normal ipa, it has a hint of grapefruit to it, after a few it just tastes like beer to me.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Before I moved house my old off license used to sell Spitfire and Old Empire so I used to drink those but they are too rich for me, I could only drink a few of them.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I won't drink anything from Brewdog after their staffing issues... besides... if theres one thing I hate its citrussy beers... gimme a good ruby ale or a mild and I'm a happy bunny... Shepherd Neame 1698 is bloddy lovely... and it does the job as its not for the faint heatred... As regards lagers... the only ones I really like are Bud, Cobra and 1664 Brun ( if you can find it)

davylad

Site Supporter
I had a bottle of wheat beer a couple of weeks ago, and it tasted foul to me. I was in Weymouth last week, and ordered a bottle of DBC Jurassic Dark with my lunch, which tasted superb. Guess what, when I looked at the label it was also a wheat beer, 5.9% too.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Could have been Hoegaarden for the wheat beer. I like that though you can get a few nice Bavarian ones. Different to rice beer though, much thicker, Asahi is watery but crisp and dry. Got a bottle of it just now. If I could I'd make it even drier then it would be spot on but I don't think possible.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I didn't pick brewdog punk as a beer because it's supposedly citrussy more that I once bought a selection of beers for a barbecue and happened to like the flavour, would only drink stella before that, I agree though, some of these fancy ipa beers taste like rubbish.

grey

Site Supporter
Don't drink much lager, when I do I prefer a strong one, usually one of the continental abbey style brews.

Carlsberg Special Brew now the strength has been reduced to 7.5% is now actually a decent drink... not the best of a reputations though :p

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Maxima for wagglers and float fish for rivers, sorted. The same simplistic approach should be taken regarding beer.

Shepherd Neame and the black sheep brewery will provide you with all you need.

Ah, Black Sheep. Yorkshire beer for people who live outside Yorkshire. We’re pulling the “wool” over your eyes with that stuff 😜