Artificial baits newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastic

The Method Man
Ive taken the plunge and am going to give them a go. Ive got some casters and 10mm pop up. The pop ups are unflavoured, do i need to flavour them or can i use them just over a bed of groundbait/real bait. I have no glug if i have to use glug is there something easy to make rather than buy at the moment. Im targeting bream if that helps

smallbreamboy

Mastic,

What ones have you gone and bought? What size bream are you looking at catching? Ideally you should glug the boilies, just to give them some flavour.
I would buy some molasses (get from a horse shop as alot cheaper than tackle shops), then you can glug those, i also put some real boilies in with the fake to glug as you get the flavour out of them.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
When flavouring artificial baits don't just dip them, pierce them with a needle and squeeze them before you dip them, when in the flavouring, stop squeezing and they will draw flavour in like a sponge allowing the initial 'hit' from that on the surface, and a slow release from the flavour leaking out of the internal foam.

collins

Mastic, I used to have alot of success on Artificial baits, and cant say i ever flavoured them. Used to use 3-4 Enterprise Tackle Casters or maggots on small Hair Rig, over a decent bed of particles (including maggot and caster), and used to catch loads of tench/bream on them. I think the fish home in on the bed of bait and just start hoovering it up! I dont think they can tell, not only that i cannot imagin caster have huge amounts of smell when in the water.

Just my thoughts on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.