Arthritis or

R0B

Nope, but as I'm having my second jab on Monday it's something to look forward to yes?:help:
Well, I had my first jab on Wednesday, felt OK but a bit tired/headachey on thursday but yesterday and last night and today my left foot and ankle is proper going for it. I'm surprised because I'm on Allopurinol and haven't had a flare-up since I've been taking it.
Today I read a publication which said there has been a correlation between vaccinations and gout attacks for a while, because they tend to hit your systems quite hard and cause things to start moving.
There's a study which says you twice as likely to get a gout attack after a vaccination, and more-so if you're under 60, drink alcohol, eat high purine foods and are on medications (including Allopurinol) so that's me then :LOL:

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Well, I had my first jab on Wednesday, felt OK but a bit tired/headachey on thursday but yesterday and last night and today my left foot and ankle is proper going for it. I'm surprised because I'm on Allopurinol and haven't had a flare-up since I've been taking it.
Today I read a publication which said there has been a correlation between vaccinations and gout attacks for a while, because they tend to hit your systems quite hard and cause things to start moving.
There's a study which says you twice as likely to get a gout attack after a vaccination, and more-so if you're under 60, drink alcohol, eat high purine foods and are on medications (including Allopurinol) so that's me then :LOL:
Thank goodness I'm over 70 then! It'll be a piece of cake! (hope I get a lollypop!) :cool:

Rick123

Site Supporter
Can I just interject and tell you with arthritis about a little bit of success/help I've found? I brought on-line a heated blanket, its not blanket size maybe 15'' wide and 30'' long and it gets really hot, cost me £30. When I get home I put it on my back for 30 minutes, and then on my knees of they are bad. I can honestly say, it even better than pills, and my back is really bad guys. I've known heat it good for arthritis for ages, but being a stuck in the mould type never tried it and relied on Yoga and medication. Really worth a little money, you can use it in bed too. 5 star.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Can I just interject and tell you with arthritis about a little bit of success/help I've found? I brought on-line a heated blanket, its not blanket size maybe 15'' wide and 30'' long and it gets really hot, cost me £30. When I get home I put it on my back for 30 minutes, and then on my knees of they are bad. I can honestly say, it even better than pills, and my back is really bad guys. I've known heat it good for arthritis for ages, but being a stuck in the mould type never tried it and relied on Yoga and medication. Really worth a little money, you can use it in bed too. 5 star.
Thats well worth a try ,cheers ,Rick

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I'm certainly up for some hot stuff (who am I kidding!) I'll give that a go too. The Missus suffers from it as well (maybe I'll get get her to stump up half!)

Skridlov

I haven't ploughed through all 6 pages so this may be repeating what others have said. However this is from my own experience - I'm over 70 and have various arthritic joints that I've managed for many years.

Green Lipped Mussel Extract. Last time I checked the Arthritis Association said that 70% of sufferers from Osteoarthritis get a benefit. Me too - 2 x 500 mg tablets p/d. In fact recently I ran out and kept putting off buying more (Healthspan UK) for a couple of months. The symptoms in my feet and ankles slowly got worse. Within a couple of weeks of resuming the symptoms have greatly reduced again. This stuff is available in capsules on fleabay etc however they stink. The glazed tablets that Healthspan produce also taste a bit fishy but not offensively so unless you're inclined to chew them!

Glucosamine Hydrochloride 1350 mg. Most people take Glucosamine Sulphate 500 mg. Don't bother. The metabolic availability of the Hydrochloride is so much higher (aka equipotent dose) that you'd have to shovel down the sulphate to get the same result. I've been taking this stuff for almost 20* years and on about 3 occasions I've got complacent and not re-stocked for a month or two. By which time my knees started to hurt when walking up steep slopes. Within a few weeks of resuming (Healthspan supply these too) this stopped happening. I've been through this cycle (not intentionally) several times with identical outcomes. That's good enough for me - although I think that at first it takes quite a long time to have an effect.
* Glucosamine Hydrochloride used to be available in 1500mg tablets but a couple of years ago the 1500s only became available though the NHS - who seem to have finally realised that this stuff works. That said, according to my GP they won't prescribe it FOC.

No guarantees but these have worked for me for many years. I have no connection with Healthspan but they manufacture and package these products really well - the packs fit through a letter box.
Roy

Skridlov

So whilst editing the above I was told it had timed out. Even though I started editing quickly. Needs some work on the code!

PS. I have also found that organic full-spectrum CBD is extremely beneficial - & expensive, although it goes a long way. A lot of athletes and martial arts people use this stuff to help manage injuries. I've also found that it has numerous other benefits, improved sleep quality for example. There's plenty of data online if you look for it. BTW it has no intoxicating effects. It's important to get the full-spectrum stuff because the plant contains a wide range of active organic compounds that interact beneficially. A lot of the lower priced CBD is made from concentrate which is extracted by methods that do the compounds in the plant no good at all. I know a couple of people involved in the biochemistry of this stuff.