ARRIVA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom

Ok wey yesterday i went down to middlesbrough and didnt have a problem getting there.

hopped on the X1 at durham and got all the way there on one bus.

YOU TRY GETTING HOME AT 7PM AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

ok right, timetable said 6:25KF (only runs during term time, saturdays only)

that was no good for me because students arnt back yet.

7:25F (saturdays only) the buggaring bus didnt turn up!

went to talk to the man in yellow coats, "oh it only runs after 5pm during term time" "update your ****ing timetables then you morons!"

so heres me with a lass stranded at the bus station, shes worried i wont get home, i was willing to walk should i have to!

Anyway toddle along to the train station and get her on the metro to redcar, phone call two mins later "i was thinking why dont you just stay at mine" duuuuuuuh, too late now aint it?!

So i went and looked at train times and see what i ahd to do to get me home... get a metro from m'brough to n'castle then go to durham and walk for 20mins to get to gilesgate...

so i was willing to do this but i was worried my 15.00 wouldnt get me all the way as i had to change onto a different line between m'brough and n'castle. so i phoned my dad to tell him i'd be very late...

30mins later a bonny blue peugeot 306 pulls up and a long haired guy wearing sun glasses at night gets out, and gives me a lift home!

Thank god for dad willing to drive stupid distances at stupid times....

Moral of the story... several!

Dont go to m'brough unless its term time!
Dont rely on timetables, the foolproof system, because they dont work!
Men in yellow coats are idiots...
Trains are expensive!
Lasses should think mor ebefore they act
Dont buy an all day ticket if the morons on the bus dont operate after 5pm without telling you...
Always have a backup plan to get home.
complain to every arriva bus driver as often as possible [:)]

ah wey i got home anyway, but this is why britain has such a stupid transport system. fair enough we have an extensive network, but the actual systems that we try and use are very much for the benefit of the companies operating them, rather than the passengers!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by metalforever

Moral of the story...
Dont go to m'brough

Nuff said!!!!![:p][:D]

dirk

Site Supporter
The moral to the story should be, make sure your on a guaranteed sleep over before you go [:p]

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
I visited England recently and got a train from Gatwick To Peterborough via Thames Link and Kings cross. 96 pounds return... let me say that again... the government says use public transport then charge 96 pounds return? It gets better, my journey back to Gatwick was a nightmare... first all trains from Peterborough to Kings Cross were cancelled due to maintenance, you need to go to Huntingdon. So my kind Dad drives me to Huntingdon to find out that all trains from there to Kings Cross have just been cancelled but nobody knows why so now we drive St Ives (and I am starting to think that soon we will end up driving all the way to Gatwick). Finally a train... should be easy now :) Nope!!!! All trains from Thames Link to Gatwick cancelled so I get the underground and although the Victoria line has been closed for part of its rout I manage to to get to Victoria for the Gatwick Express where I am charged a further supplement on my ticket of 7 pounds and fifty pence.

103 pounds and fifty pence... cars one, public transport (if there is such a thing worthy of the name) nil!

Last edited:

Thom

aye, wey this is the north east too mind, we're something like 5 years behind them southerners [:p]

chewy49

LumbValleyAnglers
our valley is cut off after 7pm.
buses used to run until 11:30pm.

I used to fish until I couldn't see the float, now i'm home before Coronation Street starts [:(]

john83

Account Locked
not just the north east, it's terrible for buses around here now, then again i dont have to get them luckily. feel sorry for workers & kids who do though, they run at stupid times now.

jduck1979

John D
Arriva buses ain't much good round here either...... the buses have a reputation for breaking down, and they don't bother telling anyone that they ain't sending out a replacement bus and thus running a reduced service from only having one bus running that route instead of two.

To top things off, the bus fare to go the 2miles into Whitby from where I live has shot up from about 86p a few years ago to 1.40 now..... when I checked the prices on the National Rail website a few days ago, the fare to take the Train was 1.30 (but that only runs 4 times a day).

Much prefer taking the Yorkshire Coastliner that runs between Whitby & Leeds (via Malton & York) to York......... for starters you're probably much less likely to get mugged in York than you are in Middlesbrough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.