Arley RB Car Park

Zerkalo

Have tried signing up to BAA forums to ask the same question but it's been quite a long time waiting for my account to be approved.

For a while the car park was blocked off with rubble. They've reopened it again. There's a gate with a code padlock that says 'please close behind you'.

Obviously during the day, they charge £2 to non BAA members to park in the car park, so the gate is open. Problem is if you get there early before the gate is opened by the warden, you need a code to unlock it and the standard BAA code does not work.

I have found the code that works for the gate. What happened was I arrived early, found the gate locked so parked on the double yellows, then at about 9am when the gate was opened by the warden went and moved my car and looked at the code on the padlock, then checked that it opened and closed the padlock and noted it on my phone.

Problem is, shouldn't it be the standard BAA code to get in through the gate seeing as it's a BAA Car Park? As if I did not have the right code, I could have drove into the car park when the warden is there and then been locked in by them, same for other BAA members.

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Who's the warden?

Dunno. They're there in a van and ask to see your BAA card and ask for £2 if you haven't got one. I didn't ask the warden at the time because was they weren't there when I moved my car around, gave me time to inspect the coded padlock though so I have a code I think works now at least.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Should be the standard BAA code, strange because car park cost now is £3 and the car park and land is owned by Mark normally in a white pickup.

tunna

Zerkalo

taken from BAA website
Arley Right Bank: Turn right off B4194 parking in the car park adjacent to the footbridge, just past The Harbour Inn. No fee payable for BAA members.
  • Gate lock code: See BAA Membership Card
  • Please ensure that the gate is shut, locked and the padlock number scrambled on entering and leaving
offices closed again due to covid, all business being conducted by Phone and Email

Zerkalo

That's the 'van' I think, a white pickup. Didn't realise it was now £3. The standard BAA code doesn't work though, I have another code for it that works, just wondering why it's not the BAA code as I couldn't get in. Going to ask on BAA forum when they approve my account. Cheers.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
That's the 'van' I think, a white pickup. Didn't realise it was now £3. The standard BAA code doesn't work though, I have another code for it that works, just wondering why it's not the BAA code as I couldn't get in. Going to ask on BAA forum when they approve my account. Cheers.
You might be better off messaging them on Facebook.

Zerkalo

You might be better off messaging them on Facebook.

Nice one will give it a try and report back here with what they say, just in case anyone else wants to get in the car park when the gate is locked, I have a code that worked last time.

Zerkalo

Think I've sorted this now, thanks to @carphauler. It is the usual BAA code. The code I had that worked is one digit off each time meaning I entered it on the wrong line.