Are you local ? Clear as mud !

Chervil

Site Supporter
Was going to post this in fishing section. However it seem appropriate here. Just received an email from my club secretary. I must emphasise we are a very small club.

'A discussion took place on the Police Rural Policing teams WhatsApp group yesterday about tracing people that visit the fishery and how to control entry.

The main focus was on track and trace facilities which involved the use of the QR Code App that is required on all premises that allow access to mixed groups.

The discussion then went on to who was responsible for providing the information to track and trace should the need arise.

The advice given was that the venue operator would be responsible for not providing the information which could result in a £10,000 fine for non-compliance by the club

As a club we do not have the funds to pay such a fine.'

This was only part of the email, basically asking the members, as we couldn't afford to pay a fine, if we should close our waters until after lockdown.

I would be interested in how other clubs are managing track and trace @ukzero1 how is it managed on your waters?

Last edited:

Keith Sparky

Less people are in hospital than this time last year.
Yes I think you are correct.....I was watching sky news press preview last night and this was confirmed that there are less people in English hospitals than last year.....it doesn't mean the covid crisis is not very real just that the NHS is not yet completely overwhelmed across the country as whole but is no doubt filling up quickly and has real potential to be overwhelmed if we are not careful.....the news reporting is very poor with little real stats on this and just lots of reporters stood outside hospitals and interviewing staff saying how busy they are.....I actually think this doesn't help the message to be ultra careful as how times can we report we are about to be overwhelmed before it loses its impact

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Two things:

- The number of covid patients in hospitals now primarily consists of male patients in their 40's, not elderly patients

- The two women who got fined > the initial reports of them getting fined did more for keeping people close to home than the reports now being pushed by the same women and the press saying that they got away with it (sorry, correction, it was overturned)

What people need to be told and it needs enforcing is - stay at home unless absolutely necessary.

Not all this schit about how far can people push it, or what they have to do to get away with it.
The police force might have appeared draconian or heavy handed but perhaps that is what is now needed rather than pus.sy footing around and trying to gently persuade people to do what is right!

Chervil

Site Supporter
Two things:

- The number of covid patients in hospitals now primarily consists of male patients in their 40's, not elderly patients

- The two women who got fined > the initial reports of them getting fined did more for keeping people close to home than the reports now being pushed by the same women and the press saying that they got away with it (sorry, correction, it was overturned)

What people need to be told and it needs enforcing is - stay at home unless absolutely necessary.

Not all this schit about how fat can people push it, or what they have to do to get away with it.
The police force might have appeared draconian or heavy handed but perhaps that is what is now needed rather than pus.sy footing around and trying to gently persuade people to do what is right!
'Not all this schit about how fat can people push it, or what they have to do to get away with it.'

What you got against fat people?

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
This was only part of the email, basically asking the members, as we couldn't afford to pay a fine, if we should close our waters until after lockdown.

I would be interested in how other clubs are managing track and trace @ukzero1 how is it managed on your waters?
I'm not convinced of the requirement. The local park and public footpaths certainly don't have QR codes and track and trace facilities. Sounds like someone is going way over the top. I don't blame the club for being cautious if this is the advice they are getting. I'm just not convinced that it's good advice, regardless of the source.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
No preaching that i have seen on here just people with different opinions.

Wife is back to sheilding again which is nothing new to her.

Poor lass has spent a very long time indoors so i am doing just about the same but have to go to chemist and take her to hospital.

Her immune system is rubbish because of meds she takes so vaccine is not going to help her as much as others.

Can't tell you the last time we were in the same room as my daughters,grandkids and great grandkids.

So you should understand there are a lot of people like me that are pissed off when you see people breaking the rules and moaning about not going fishing.

Hospitals are near to capacity and record numbers of people dying.

What does it take for people to realise how bad things are.

This is nowhere near like the lockdown in march either.
Believe me it pees me off when people break the rules as I’m a stickler for rules, you should hear the grief my mates give me for following them to the letter! But if rules allow things then people should be able to do such things without being looked down on.

I highly doubt many people are doubting the seriousness of the hospitals being at capacity and the overwhelming majority of them are living their lives as safely as they can to try lessen the burden. But they also can’t be expected to completely stop doing things that according to science are proportionately incredibly unlikely to add to that burden. I think apart from the true knobs (of whom I’ve not seen any on here for what it’s worth) no one would do anything at the moment if they genuinely thought they were realistically going to contribute to that hospital burden.

For example there’s absolutely no way I would consider just popping to a shop because I fancied a couple beers and a bar of chocolate or because I fancied something different for tea to what we’ve got (despite being legal) as that would involve unnecessarily entering an environment where the risk is disproportionately high compared to the reward. But if someone’s been sat at home for weeks going mad watching the rain fall whilst they lose their income then if them going for a walk, bike ride or fishing out in the countryside makes them feel better then whilst the rules allow they have every right to do so guilt free as it’s incredibly unlikely that them doing that is going to be to the detriment of anybody.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Any one know how long it is for someone to show symptoms,

because i have a headache which is some thing i dont very often get, ive not been any where, only round square with my little dog

Chervil

Site Supporter
I'm not convinced of the requirement. The local park and public footpaths certainly don't have QR codes and track and trace facilities. Sounds like someone is going way over the top. I don't blame the club for being cautious if this is the advice they are getting. I'm just not convinced that it's good advice, regardless of the source.
Both our waters are fenced off behind locked gates. I thought it sounded a bit OTT. However, as you say, you can't blame the club for worrying.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Any one know how long it is for someone to show symptoms,

because i have a headache which is some thing i dont very often get, ive not been any where, only round square with my little dog
Seems a contentious one. I did a negative test on the 28th but then was showing possible symptoms on the 31st which suggests to me that it can come out within a couple days and then I had a temperature at the 5 day mark. Then my grandad started showing symptoms within 5 days of the earliest realistic day of infection. My parents were symptomatic at about the 7 day mark though.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
For those who doubt, don't believe or just joke about it then get the fook real. Or maybe this is just made up.

I’d say it’s fairly pointless putting that on here as I personally don’t think I’ve seen a single person on here that thinks it’s not real or a joke 🤔

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Was going to post this in fishing section. However it seem appropriate here. Just received an email from my club secretary. I must emphasise we are a very small club.

'A discussion took place on the Police Rural Policing teams WhatsApp group yesterday about tracing people that visit the fishery and how to control entry.

The main focus was on track and trace facilities which involved the use of the QR Code App that is required on all premises that allow access to mixed groups.

The discussion then went on to who was responsible for providing the information to track and trace should the need arise.

The advice given was that the venue operator would be responsible for not providing the information which could result in a £10,000 fine for non-compliance by the club

As a club we do not have the funds to pay such a fine.'

We do not do track and trace. because there are far too many variables to make it work. Yes, our lakes are open but we have an ancient public right of way that goes past both lakes. We are not allowed to block it in any way which means we have dog walkers, horse riders, joggers, etc. using it making it too hard to police. All our members do observe the 2 metre distancing though.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Sounds wonderful, love Ireland. Over the years had some outstanding holidays. My sister in law has a place overlooking bantry bay. At 73 probably a bit old to move over to cork. Must admit I am tempted.
You've only got 8 years on me mate and there are some great property bargains to be had. You're never too old👍👍👍

genesis

Account Locked
I’d say it’s fairly pointless putting that on here as I personally don’t think I’ve seen a single person on here that thinks it’s not real or a joke 🤔
My wife, mum and both daughters have had it mate. I have lost four friends to it and know plenty more who have had it. The longer we don't listen the longer it will go on. The wife just asked me when do you think this will be all over and I told her not this year. I don't want to be the voice of doom but I can't see anything else. I don't think the vaccine will end it. It will help but we will still have to keep social distancing after the jab as it is not a cure.