Are you local ? Clear as mud !

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We do not do track and trace. because there are far too many variables to make it work. Yes, our lakes are open but we have an ancient public right of way that goes past both lakes. We are not allowed to block it in any way which means we have dog walkers, horse riders, joggers, etc. using it making it too hard to police. All our members do observe the 2 metre distancing though.
Ffs. I’ve now a vision of you in Lycra jogging. 🤣🤣🤣

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Both our waters are fenced off behind locked gates. I thought it sounded a bit OTT. However, as you say, you can't blame the club for worrying.
If the club is a member of the Angling Trust, get onto their legal department ASAP. This sort of query is exactly what they are there for.

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
I'm not convinced of the requirement. The local park and public footpaths certainly don't have QR codes and track and trace facilities. Sounds like someone is going way over the top. I don't blame the club for being cautious if this is the advice they are getting. I'm just not convinced that it's good advice, regardless of the source.
Our local parks have QR codes on gates and stiles, as well as on benches and at various points on walks.
I think it must be down to individual councils.
I've had a QR code in my shop since we came out of lockdown in the summer, maybe 1 in 20 use it, and the majority of those are under 30

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My wife, mum and both daughters have had it mate. I have lost four friends to it and know plenty more who have had it. The longer we don't listen the longer it will go on. The wife just asked me when do you think this will be all over and I told her not this year. I don't want to be the voice of doom but I can't see anything else. I don't think the vaccine will end it. It will help but we will still have to keep social distancing after the jab as it is not a cure.
Sorry to hear that mate

We’ve almost all got it at the moment as in me, both parents and both grandparents and my cousin had it a couple weeks ago. We probably make up about 10% of those I've heard of having it overall which has has easily doubled those I knows of before this new strain. Thankfully none I know have been too serious cases apart from one guy that died but he was 85 and riddled with all sorts so it cut him short months at best.

And yeah I think I you’re right we aren’t escaping it anytime soon, I don’t think this year will be much different than last year tbh. I do think the vaccine will eliminate a lot of the deaths within a few months which is the main thing but it’s going to take probably most the year to get to the point where it’s not making many ill. I agree the distancing and reduced gathering rules should stay in force way beyond everyone being vaccinated until we really know how effective it is. I can see us being in something resembling tier 3 by the spring and something like tier 1 by the summer but I think it’ll be next year at the earliest before we see something resembling complete normality. That is kind of why if there are safe ways of living a bit of a life whilst we are in the midst of it we should make the most of them really.

It’s a right old mess for sure but it is what it is now we’ve all just got to try keep ourselves safe and hope enough of everyone else does the same.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Our local parks have QR codes on gates and stiles, as well as on benches and at various points on walks.
I think it must be down to individual councils.
I've had a QR code in my shop since we came out of lockdown in the summer, maybe 1 in 20 use it, and the majority of those are under 30
Good stuff. Does every street have a QR code? I can understand permissible indoor spaces (shops etc) having such measures, but I'm dubious that it's really necessary for outdoor spaces. If people don't actually have to use them, it seems a pointless waste of time and money anyway. I'm quite pleased that I've not encountered them (I've been to no pub, restaurant or shop, beyond a single supermarket and one tackle shop, since early 2020. I've never seen a Q code in the places I've been, though I understand some local pubs had them. Whilst I have a smart phone, I've no idea how to actually use a QR code. I dare say it isn't exactly rocket science.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The QR code is to be used with the NHS app, if it relates to track and trace

Basically at each location you open the app on your phone and tap the 'Venue check in' tab

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Good stuff. Does every street have a QR code? I can understand permissible indoor spaces (shops etc) having such measures, but I'm dubious that it's really necessary for outdoor spaces. If people don't actually have to use them, it seems a pointless waste of time and money anyway. I'm quite pleased that I've not encountered them (I've been to no pub, restaurant or shop, beyond a single supermarket and one tackle shop, since early 2020. I've never seen a Q code in the places I've been, though I understand some local pubs had them. Whilst I have a smart phone, I've no idea how to actually use a QR code. I dare say it isn't exactly rocket science.
It is a voluntary thing and not complusory to use it, surprisingly it was the U30's again who asked me to get one in the shop, there is no cost to me or the customer for having it.
I just see it as a way of helping, I scan mine every morning before I start work when I'm open

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There are an awful lot of people don't know it's there or how to use it.

The 'Get the app' rollout was publicised but what to do with it afterwards was not.
Even my missus who works in adult social care had the app but never knew and she's been working throughout as a key worker

Chervil

Site Supporter
Meanwhile, in London

Police arrest 12 at Clapham Common anti-lockdown protest - BBC News

One anti-lockdown protestor, who was detained at Clapham Common park, said "I stand under common law, not maritime law and this is assault" as he was put into handcuffs by police officers.

City Hall said Covid-19 cases in the capital had exceeded 1,000 per 100,000, while there were 35% more people in hospital with the virus than in the peak of the pandemic in April.

stikflote

Site Supporter
1 wasn't joking when I said I have a headache ,at moment I've taken some Beecham powder

lp1886

Blanks

Site Supporter
Well, according to boris it's ok to cycle seventy miles, is this a lockdown or not. I was wondering how far was acceptable to go fishing later in the week, I was thinking ten miles was prudent but it seems sevety miles is alright , at least it gives a wider choice of fisheries to visit.
With airports open football still going on the whole thing is a joke.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Well, according to boris it's ok to cycle seventy miles, is this a lockdown or not. I was wondering how far was acceptable to go fishing later in the week, I was thinking ten miles was prudent but it seems sevety miles is alright , at least it gives a wider choice of fisheries to visit.
With airports open football still going on the whole thing is a joke.
Seventy ? Do you not mean seven mate ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ministers say seventy miles is ok, its in the Daily Mail.
I thnk you will find it was mentioned as 7

Here's the story:

Read ALL of it