Are there any good tench waters in the North West?

TrampWhisperer

Hi,i would really appreciate if anybody knows of any good Tench waters in the North West..Im located in Liverpool and only returned back to uk last summer after 20 years of life on the road,tramping about blah de blah.Got myself some gear asap and headed straight to a few of my old haunts that i had fished since a kid only to find most things as they do had changed and sadly not always for the better..Commercial scene now massive and felt like it all gone Carp mad which is ok every now and then but get my kicks from a lot more varied,unknown and challenging fishing although i do love my tench fishing,hence my enquiry..Was reading posts on forums on this site with what sounded like some great waters in Lymm,Wigan,Rainford and Grey Mist being ones i can remember but posts from 2010..So registered here and hope for the best i suppose..Also looking to get back on club seen so any advice on those with decent waters etc would be appreciated..Always willing to travel within reasonable distance so any info would be much appreciated...[}:)]

shouter

Grey mist mere mate is easily the best tench fishing around, I'm from Liverpool, and have fished every venues known for tench and you won't find any better.

griff06

Site Supporter
Hello Tramp whisperer,Tatton Park has a good head of Tench ,and u dont need to fish far out for them ,we have had some good nets from there ,but u can drop ur tackle off ,but then u have to take ur car to the car park which is quite away from lake ,so ur tackle will be just left there ,unless u take a buddy with u then u can drop him off with tackle ,while u take car to car park.

Ivan heaphurst

Black leach Flash in Walkden, Salford holds some big Tench. Mind that was a few years back and a crack of dawn start was essential. Breadflake and groundbait did it for me.
Still dayticket Ithink.