Approaching a new park lake?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I just mentioned it to my dad and he said, "Using what bait?".

"Maggots" I said.
"From where?" He asked.

Apparently the tackle shops might be closed tomorrow.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
What do people reckon, should I give this a try tomorrow? I'm dying to fish there but think it might be too early? Nothing to lose? (Except my tackle if I get mugged).
From my experience of a big natural style lake on Friday I’d wait til about April 😂

If you’re struggling for venues I’d try your canal if I were you as surely it has some colour by now after all the rain? Ours is like builders tea. In fact when the wind got up and got some almost waves going it looked quite like the Bristol Channel!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nah the canal near me is totally useless. :LOL: A nice idea though. I'm going to join some clubs this year so I'll have a much wider range of canal fishing available to me then.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Don’t suppose the severn in stourport is semi fishable yet as guessing it’s a bit slower than the rest of the river still? See on the severn barbel FB page people have been catching a lot in this mild weather all over the place but blimey it looks scary fishing given the state of the river!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's 3m up I think. Too wild for me! I'd need a grappling hook to fish most pegs. 😁

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Fishable but 4.5 metres up
20220102_131840.jpg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ah yes bit lively then! Was an optimistic question tbh as not much dropping happening on the rivers here either. Back within their banks but daily top ups of rain are stopping them from falling any further atm.