Apple genius...... not so much

carphauler

Roachhauler
Wife's IPhone was knackered, showing error code 4013,took it to the Apple genius store, done exactly what she had already been doing 🤡🤡🤡, couldn't fix it but you could buy a replacement for £589 which is pointless when paying a lot of money already on a contract.
Took it to the local EE store as the chap in there is pretty handy, fixed it in 5 minutes 😂😂😂👌.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Wife's IPhone was knackered, showing error code 4013,took it to the Apple genius store, done exactly what she had already been doing 🤡🤡🤡, couldn't fix it but you could buy a replacement for £589 which is pointless when paying a lot of money already on a contract.
Took it to the local EE store as the chap in there is pretty handy, fixed it in 5 minutes 😂😂😂👌.
Sign of the times my friend. 😣

SeanB

Site Supporter
My partner had an iPhone on contract. After 6 months there was a software update that turned it into a brick. We had to trek through to Leeds to the nearest apple store. They admitted it was a software issue and gave her a replacement phone. 3 months later the same thing happened. We were in Newcastle so went to the apple store in the metro centre. The ginger twonk who "served" us started by telling us how filthy the phone was (still had protective films on, kept in a case from the start and without a mark on it). He then said it was a problem with the software (theirs, not anything we had done) and that it was tough but they wouldn't do anything because it was our fault.
Still don't understand how it was our fault their software was faulty, but luckily Vodafone were considerably more helpful and just replaced the phone with a new one. She won't touch an apple product again though.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Apple are only any good at one thing and that is marketing if they tell everyone often enough that they need their products and they place them on our TV screens with product placement then enough people will think they are the dogs dohdahs and pay through the nose for the privilege. The products are not ground breaking most of the things they shout about have already been done by Samsung, Sony, Huawei etc but they don't make the song and dance about it that apple do.. Horrible company intent on creating a culture where vulnerable people are reliant on their products.... Rant over buy android every time

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Any time i have a Problem with a Phone, Tablet or Computer i see an Indian mate in Leeds Market and Hey Presto he sorts it.

SeanB

Site Supporter
We both have Huawei now and love them but are due to upgrade and all the problems they are having now means we're a bit reluctant to choose a newer version.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
We both have Huawei now and love them but are due to upgrade and all the problems they are having now means we're a bit reluctant to choose a newer version.

Mate ive always had Iphones but our Gert got a Huawei early in the year, she hated it, sold it and i bought her a new Iphone. She just couldnt get on with it for some Reason ???

SeanB

Site Supporter
I've had an iPhone 5 and 6 and had no trouble, my daughter won't use anything else but had a battery problem with one. It was the pee poor attitude of the staff and the fact they knew the problem was with their software but expected us to pay over £600 for a replacement refurbished phone that put us off.
I'm surprised your wife didn't get on with the huawei, the camera is amazing and in use there isn't a lot different really. The only problem I have had in over 2 years is that I can't use my banks app.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have just got the new Sony Xperia 1mk 2 and it is really very good, the browser is almost instant even with lots of windows open, the screen and camera are top notch, the music player is the best I have used on a phone, its waterproof and is built like a tank... Unfortunately Sony make phones the way they want not the way the major networks want them to make them so will not push Sony phones the way they do Samsung and apple, shame really cos usually what Sony do the others follow a year or so later.. But you don't get gimmicks like siri and the like all you get is a bloody good phone

62tucker

Site Supporter
4 iPhones And 3 ipads in my house. Can’t say we have had any issues with any of them apart from a cracked screen. Daughter did get a Samsung once but went back to iPhone when contact was up.
2 daughters get new. Me and son get there old ones on sim only 👍