Apologies to any Scousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

I posted a joke which may have been slightly offensive to Liverpuddliuns (is that spelt correctly?). I see it was deleted, please be sure no offence was intended, it just made me laugh as did the one about the Welsh (being Welsh myself)I posted.

Datafile3.gif

norm

i dont realy think people get upset about what is said mate

afterall this is only the internet and it is all just in fun

cos if i dont get upset with all the stick i take
then no one should

scouse

'River Man'
hi beebs
i found no problem
with it is it the one
about jesus i found it funny
strange but true[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

scales

Vinny
None taken Beebs, We are used to having the mickey taken !!

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have discoverd after the time i've been on-line that some "species" of people can take a joke whereas others can't.

Scousers in my humble opinion are some of the best people on the earth, not only can they dish the humor aimed at other people they can also take it when its aimed at them.

Mackems, Geordies & other people from the area in the northeast known as geordie land are the same, (except the monkey hangers i think most of them lost their sense of humor when the monkey died [;)])

As you move south the people are great at taking the mickey out of others but not so keen to have it taken back at them.

Staffordians have a sense of humor but not many of us, brummies ah now there's a quandry they have produced some of the best comiedians around & yet they don't seem to actually have a sense of humor when the jokes on them.

Mancunians are another species who seem to lose their sense of fun when the jokes on them.

londoners..well we all know that very very few of them have a sense of humor & i believe we are blessed with Peter as he is one of the few who have retained theirs.

The welsh as you have witnessed on here have a tremendous sense of humor even to the point of taking the pi.. out of their own species, I mean c'mon fellas they must have a sense of humor for two reasons
1) the are proud of their little red lizard
2) they let Geoff into wales [;)]

The Scots have a weird sense of humor, i know i've spent a fair bit of time in Scotland, the highlanders have a fantastic yet unique sense of humor (aimed mainly at the lowlanders) but the lowlanders seems to have one thats aimed entirley at the sasanchas(the English, although i can't understand why [;)]).

To me having a sense of humor is one of the most important things any human can posses because without it your life is to short & you'd be bored.

Live, love & be happy but most of all remember to laugh, your life will be better for it.

Last edited:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alan,

Just a point of order here, just to prove my sense of humour.

The term "sassenach" may be used now by the Scots to mean us of more noble birth (i.e. the English), but I am sure that the true meaning of the word is "Lowlander". A term used by the highlanders referring to those who lived in the central belt of Scotland (For those bad at Geography from Glasgow to Edinburgh).

Apart from that you .. you.. Staffy you, the only reason I moved to Wales was to increase their IQ by 1000%, and teach them Rugby.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

Beebs

Geoff, we love it when you English come to live in our beautiful country as it proves you can't bear to live in your own!!!![:D][:D][;)][;)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Geoff

well done mate 100% correct, I thought no-one knew the true meaning of the term, it is indeed used to describe the traitorus lowlanders of Scotland BUT the lowlanders use it to describe the English, they didn't like us kicking their a55es either [:D]

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

ray

i took offence.
then i went back and took the gate, a few flags and a wheelbarrow.

p.s. dave, can i put them on the auction page?

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
You could Ray but someones nicked it [:D]

TINY

Tiny
Admin...I think if you take a look,you`ll find I paid good money for it and I`ve got the receipt written out on the back of a chip paper to prove it.Thanks Dave![:D]

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.