anyone use an aero x5 9-11ft feeder?

stump28

Ok so just taken delivery of an aero x5 precision 9 - 11ft feeder rod, all good except the bottom 9ft blank section that sits in the butt to fit the bag seems to be in there tighter than a tight thing. At the moment about as much force as I'm comfortable giving it doesn't seem to be loosening it at all. Am I missing something in regards to releasing it???? anyone use this rod and found similar? at the moment as nice as it is its currently stuck as a 9ft rod!

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
I have the Speedmaster AX 9/11ft and it goes in smoothly without any force, locating nicely with a precision fit. If you get it out I'd suggest rubbing it down with a little wet and dry until you get a fit you're happy with. Then apply a little candle wax to stop it sticking.

cuzza

I have one and it can stick occasionally but always comes apart with a decent twist and a pull. Dave’s advice is good but I’d try the wax on its own before the wet and dry.
Sounds daft but sometimes rods assembled first thing on a cool morning can be hard to take apart in the heat of the afternoon so leaving it in a shed or similar as the nights cool might help.
Shame you’re having troubles as mine is my go-to stillwater feeder rod