Anyone still use Bloodworm?

JohnL

I always added jimmy hendrix to my chopped worm, whatever happened to it ?? Their punch crumbs were really good, 1/2 pint (I think) of water to a whole bag, used to use the wife’s blender to make it, it came out perfect every time. Did they fold or were they bought out, got to be 20 years since I last saw it. ☹️☹️

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Jimmy Hendrix = Purple Haze? I remember when the Whizzo site was active they did a Q&A. I asked Whizzo Kev what his all time favourite Whizzo mix was, and whenever you googled my name that would come up. :LOL: I am also told that Purple Haze was just fine breadcrumb died purple but I think there was more to it than that?

JohnL

@NoCarpPlease

Was that the Div 1 where the guys had the big sections of their poles nicked after shipping them through the hedges around Aintree racecourse ?? I drew further up, IIRC team tactics were “just catch something” memory tells me the target was a 100 grams a man, think we fished red squatt over the joker.

JohnL

So, how about an MD Masochist Open, temperature not allowed above 3 degrees, cat ice in the margins or snow on the ground. Northern canal, narrow and not too deep. Only Shakespeare, Brennan & Hickman, or Boss boxes allowed. Poles no longer than 12.5 metres. Dress code would consist of jeans, checked lumberjack shirts, and wellies with the socks folded over the top, unless you were a sponsored angler and you could wear your HH but period kit only. Line to be Bayer Perlon, all hooks to be tied on the bank with frozen hands, and “pure” latex elastic.

Bait, a match pack between 2, with 1/2 a pint of personal choice.

PS I’m not available that date, what date is it?? Sorry

Total

Site Supporter
So, how about an MD Masochist Open, temperature not allowed above 3 degrees, cat ice in the margins or snow on the ground. Northern canal, narrow and not too deep. Only Shakespeare, Brennan & Hickman, or Boss boxes allowed. Poles no longer than 12.5 metres. Dress code would consist of jeans, checked lumberjack shirts, and wellies with the socks folded over the top, unless you were a sponsored angler and you could wear your HH but period kit only. Line to be Bayer Perlon, all hooks to be tied on the bank with frozen hands, and “pure” latex elastic.

Bait, a match pack between 2, with 1/2 a pint of personal choice.

PS I’m not available that date, what date is it?? Sorry
Original 'Zim' elastic only!:love:

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
@NoCarpPlease

Was that the Div 1 where the guys had the big sections of their poles nicked after shipping them through the hedges around Aintree racecourse ?? I drew further up, IIRC team tactics were “just catch something” memory tells me the target was a 100 grams a man, think we fished red squatt over the joker.
Nope ... that’s the leeds-Liverpool! It was Div 6 on the lanky

smiffy

Site Supporter
I remember we didn’t go and practice either of the nationals I fished on the Leeds-Liverpool because of the section nicking antics, amongst other things😂 We were told they were then offered back to the angler for a price😂

JohnL

Apparently yes, I read an article in one of the comics (pole/match fishing) about it being used on commercials in silver fish matches.