Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's chucking it down here, even Winston won't go out in it

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Tipping it down here too and my dog won't go through the door. Shame really because I fancy some bacon. :whistle: 😬

bricky72

Site Supporter
Not been out since Xmas and to be fair not missed it
also no fishiery within 5 miles of me
not even done any prep looked at tackle or nothing even though got rigs hooks to do just don’t have the enthusiasm for it at min

Method Man

Still no plans at all, as bed bound with cancer been stuck her for over 12 months now driving me nuts this forum put a smile on my face to read your comments, always a chuckle somewhere on here. Just wish I could manage a session several mates have offers but it’s a impossible task as so weak. Still chin up buddies enjoy wherever you go we don’t realise how lucky. We are until it’s taken away! Tight lines

nutmeg

Site Supporter
should have gone today, the weather has been perfect, very mild and dry so far.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Still no plans at all, as bed bound with cancer been stuck her for over 12 months now driving me nuts this forum put a smile on my face to read your comments, always a chuckle somewhere on here. Just wish I could manage a session several mates have offers but it’s a impossible task as so weak. Still chin up buddies enjoy wherever you go we don’t realise how lucky. We are until it’s taken away! Tight lines
I went through it last year mate, chin up, you’ll come through it mate 💪💪mind you I’m still having to shield now, so still stuck at home 🤷‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Had a bit of time free between the cricket and rugby so had a walk down the canal where apparently a couple blokes bagged up on roach and skimmers yesterday. Was a guy down there again and he said it was slower with the cold but he had a half a dozen decent roach whilst I was down there.

Actually seeing some fish did wet the appetite for a go once we get past the freezing weather we’ve got this week.

Eddiepoolsfodder

Site Supporter
just got back after a miserable attempt on the river. It peed it down all day and the level rose by over a meter inside 3 hours. Only this grayling saved a blank. That’s me done until the weather improves.

Attachments

• 4EB0993D-CDE8-4B72-B0A2-422621439FE9.jpeg
    4EB0993D-CDE8-4B72-B0A2-422621439FE9.jpeg
    714 KB · Views: 1

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Had a cracking morning, peed it down for an hour but managed to stay dry enough under the brolly, temperature never went below about 7 degrees, and there was surprisingly very little wind.

17 roach, mostly 3-4 oz but a few 8oz ers, and then finished the day off with this chap, a PB perch (only been fishing 4 months) of 1lb exactly.

3AB10E02-B0EB-4AC3-8D12-4B451CB88776.jpeg

Packed up at 1 as the rain was forecast to hit at 2.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Had a cracking morning, peed it down for an hour but managed to stay dry enough under the brolly, temperature never went below about 7 degrees, and there was surprisingly very little wind.

17 roach, mostly 3-4 oz but a few 8oz ers, and then finished the day off with this chap, a PB perch (only been fishing 4 months) of 1lb exactly.

3AB10E02-B0EB-4AC3-8D12-4B451CB88776.jpeg

Packed up at 1 as the rain was forecast to hit at 2.
I’d certainly take that at the moment nice one 👍🏻

Eddiepoolsfodder

Site Supporter
Warmed up now and can categorically confirm that a large Shiraz , a bit of rugby on the box and the bonus of the wife not being here wanting to talk decorating is DEFINITELY preferable to a bad mornings fishing.

Attachments

• CED65A3B-B2BC-4FD5-8997-7DF7737C92BD.jpeg
    CED65A3B-B2BC-4FD5-8997-7DF7737C92BD.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 9223DC6D-4E47-4D6A-8226-A68D5C76BBF9.jpeg
    9223DC6D-4E47-4D6A-8226-A68D5C76BBF9.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 3

Whixall

Made myself venture out today before the temperature really drops off. Good day in the end, only rained for the first hour and had a decent net of mainly F1's, silvers and even a tench for a pleasant surprise at the local club water (y)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Thanks for the positive but afraid not mine is terminal and already gone over prognosis keep smiling hard but bugger them all I’m still kicking arse! 😜
I’m sorry mate, I didn’t realise, hard to keep your chin up I guess ..I was lucky then mate, with chemo....😢👍

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Made myself venture out today before the temperature really drops off. Good day in the end, only rained for the first hour and had a decent net of mainly F1's, silvers and even a tench for a pleasant surprise at the local club water (y)
You been the Firemans mate?

ATTICUS FINCH

Weather is pants and the local river is in spate, also the local commie (framfield fishery) is closed as it is under new ownership and they are doing a lot of work at the moment, I have been told that it won't be a match venue any more as they are reducing the number of pegs from 36 on each lake to 19 per lake.

NJ1875

Site Supporter
Went to Tunnel Barn today and it was an excellent day. Fished on Jenny’s and had to use 2 nets as the fish kept coming. Weather was ok roughly 2-3 degrees. Went to take a photo of the haul but phone died which turned out to be quite lucky as I chucked it in the car and then 5 mins later fell in the pool, now that was cold 🥶 I didn’t know how fast I could move getting out.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Went to Tunnel Barn today and it was an excellent day. Fished on Jenny’s and had to use 2 nets as the fish kept coming. Weather was ok roughly 2-3 degrees. Went to take a photo of the haul but phone died which turned out to be quite lucky as I chucked it in the car and then 5 mins later fell in the pool, now that was cold 🥶 I didn’t know how fast I could move getting out.
2 Nets !!! Wow 😳 must of been a brilliant day, they’re big stamp in Jenny’s!! What peg did you fish ?? Bad luck on falling in though mate, that’s quite deep close in 😂😂

NJ1875

Site Supporter
2 Nets !!! Wow 😳 must of been a brilliant day, they’re big stamp in Jenny’s!! What peg did you fish ?? Bad luck on falling in though mate, that’s quite deep close in 😂😂
It was a real red letter day - I was on peg 19. Started off on bomb and bread and not a sniff for 40 mins then went down the middle for 20 odd mins while I was trying to slow build up the far side. Move out to about 2 - 2 1/2 foot of the far bank and hit a roach straight away then it was F1 after F1 did have a nice common too about 7lb. As for falling in lost my balance when I was packing up. Fortunately I landed on my feet so was standing in the pool up to my waste.