Anyone out this weekend?

NJ1875

Site Supporter
Where you of too and what you looking to catch. I’m of to Tunnel Barn haven’t decided whether tomorrow or Sunday depends on the weather.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’d love to get over to tunnel mate but a bit too far to be travelling given circumstances 🤷‍♂️Good luck mate, post up a report 👍

NJ1875

Site Supporter
I’d love to get over to tunnel mate but a bit too far to be travelling given circumstances 🤷‍♂️Good luck mate, post up a report 👍
Been quite tough there over the last few weeks so hoping for a better outing this weekend

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
At least a couple more weeks of no fishing looking at the forecasts. Could well be March before I'm out the way things are looking, hopefully with the opportunity to venture a little further!

matt

Site Supporter
Would love to be going fishing somewhere at the weekend but nowhere really that I can without breaking government guidelines apart from a stretch of the Oxford Canal within walking distance from me but the towpath is very narrow so no chance of being able to maintain a safe 2m distance from any walkers.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Rivers still well up here , and the local commercials are shut at the moment. So it looks like a long dog walk again this Sunday with the queer one. Went out last Sunday , “ I know a nice route” she said . Started snowing just after setting out and got back home 4 hours later, just as we walked up the drive it stopped snowing. I might have to pick the route this week or hide out in the yard.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
We are limited to 5 km from home. No restriction on fishing within that limit, but sadly I live at least 20 km from the nearest fishing to me.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Yep, off to my local (10min drive) commercial in the morning.

Forecast is ok, possibly a few light showers but well above freezing all day.

Looking forward to trying out my new Matrix Transporter which arrived today 👍

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Going onto the shroppie again on Sunday, its meant to be cold but l can cope with that, its the rain l dont like.

BBear

Site Supporter
No fishing for me at this time but good luck to anyone who can get out and brave the weather.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Yep, off to my local (10min drive) commercial in the morning.

Forecast is ok, possibly a few light showers but well above freezing all day.

Looking forward to trying out my new Matrix Transporter which arrived today 👍
Bum holes, forecast has now changed to 80% chance of rain from 1300hrs onwards

Still going, just maybe not for as long as originally planned!!!

Eddiepoolsfodder

Site Supporter
Going on the Ribble at ribchester (nearest water on my club book) I’m going to try breadfishing for a change having watched a recent Dave roberts video on the Wye at Belmont. I’m really hoping this will bag me a chub or two and/or a really big dace. I think what will more likely happen is I will give up on bread after an hour, revert to stick and maggot and catch what I usually catch ( a bag of dace) or worse still nothing - if they have moved out of the area. My mate is convinced that ALL the silvers take a winter holiday several miles downstream at Church Deeps. I don’t buy that theory but tomorrow should tell us more!

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Going for a morning on a local still water that i thought was no fishing but apparently is free fishing. It used to a big carp pit but was netted and sold to developers who then went bankrupt. Apparently the council have taken it back and it has a decent head of pike. Its right by a smaller river that floods a lot so I assume the stock is from there. I fished it for the first time a couple of weeks ago in the snow and caught my pb at 13.4 so hoping either to beat that or have a busy day catching a few smaller ones