Anyone NOT interested in the world cup...?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Really can't stick football... be glad when its over...
I know it only once every 4 years, but the whole "Trading on a 1966 win" is getting wearing and the whole hysteria surrounding it is a pain... Qatar should never have been awarded the competition with its human rights record... and there is that issue as a sideshow to the main event ... as said... be glad when its all over

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Shoot em inface - innit 😵‍💫
9BF048AC-CEB1-4468-BA59-95EA949FEB5F.jpeg

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
i like football and normally fully up for the WC but this time just feels different and really couldnt care less apart from Spanky mini game on here so i am with you!

Rob F

Site Supporter
I'm more interested in the Autumn Internationals to be honest, been catching up with them instead of watching the footy.
Still lets hope England do well, it's about time after all!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I was football mad as a kid, not so much anymore, not for years.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Football is awful. As someone stated previously; they get pulled up for being an inch offside (when it suits), but they give all-in wrestlers a run for their money in tackles and not a word is said.

Definitely not something I want to watch.

Trent_Fisher

Love it, World Cup summers are always the best summers. This year is a little different but you can’t beat getting the lads together and cheering them on. Not sure why those that don’t watch it are always so vocal about it, there are plenty of sports I don’t watch but I don’t feel the need to shout it from the rooftops.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's when it all went to Sky Sports that I first lost interest. Before then I'd listen to it on the radio, watch the results on the telly when I got home from school, stay up for and tape MOTD, go to games, play all the time etc. Then it went on Sky and my dad not being a fan wouldn't pay for those channels. I went to uni and the telly I had in my room would only tune to ITV :LOL: so just completely lost interest and that was probably concurrent with even bigger big money being involved in the game. I don't really bang on about the fact though.

Total

Site Supporter
It's when it all went to Sky Sports that I first lost interest. Before then I'd listen to it on the radio, watch the results on the telly when I got home from school, stay up for and tape MOTD, go to games, play all the time etc. Then it went on Sky and my dad not being a fan wouldn't pay for those channels. I went to uni and the telly I had in my room would only tune to ITV :LOL: so just completely lost interest and that was probably concurrent with even bigger big money being involved in the game. I don't really bang on about the fact though.
violin gif.gif

62tucker

Site Supporter
Been some great matches up to now.
Looking forward the the rest of the tournament

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I lost interest in football years ago... when players disrespected refs, when diving became rife and where a slight tap meant rolling about on the floor holding yer face and trying to get someone sent off...

Rugby, a game for thugs played by gentlemen. Football, a game for gentlemen played by thugs.

Sums it up for me

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Could name most 94/95 95/96 squads even now. Had the sticker books for one. Then I got a job, introduced to the team and there's John Frain. Everyone expected me to recognise him. I'd forgot. His excuse for not being interested in football anymore is too much hair :LOL: He's a mortgage underwriter.