Anyone know if my pond fish are worth selling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Hi guys,

Well, its coming to the time when Im going to have to start getting rid of some of the stuff in my house that I cant take with me[:(]

All the other stuff I can get taken away by a house clearance or flog through Fleabay, but I have a pond with some nice looking Koi that I really dont want to just leave behind, so would rather they went to someone who appreciates them. (and definately not going to give them to a lake where they could be caught)

I ll try to get some piccies up later, but are they worth selling?

There are only 6 fish in there. And I bought them all from the same place, and had them since they were around 5".......

2x Golden Koi, one roughy 2lb (or about 14"), and one around 1 1/2lb (or 12")
2x Green Tinca's, both around 6"
1x Black and White Ghost Koi around 1lb,(around 9") Hes a cracking looking fish!!!

And one small Comet.

Not looked at the price of Koi for ages, so a bit lost as to how much they might be worth now they ve grown on a bit.

Cheers gents[:W]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
if you weren't so far away mate i'd buy them off you.................for a fiver [;)]

Check out your local free ads paper or have a look for a pond keepers website and see if anyone on there fancies taking them off your hands

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
lol its the tincas i was interested in more than anything my mrs loves the bloody things but our two died one green and one gold, the golden tench committed suicide by getting its head caught above water in the plant pot!!

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Ey up Trogg....

Is there a river that runs from Staffs to Northants??????

I could always pack em a lunch and send em up to you [:p][:p][:p]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If no one has claimed them before the 24th July I'll take them into care for you, won't charge you anything for their keep, and will even collect them for free [:T]

...serious offer by the way [8D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't need one for transfering fish between garden ponds [:p]

wwonder

If my missus let me have a pond of the size I wanted, I would gladly make you an offer.
As it is, I have a pond of 2m x 3m and is occupied by 8 Koi, 2 Golden Tench, 4 Golden Orfe & 4 Sturgeon.
I wanted a pond of 2m x 8m (but the missus wanted decking to make up the room [:(!]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Cheers guys,

Someone has already enquired about them, and Im just waiting for a reply from him, so I may have found a home for them already[^]

Oh....and I tried to get a few pics by feeding them, but the pesky blighters kept swimming away every time I got the camera near them......[}:)]

Ive got camera shy fish!![:I]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by wwonder

I wanted a pond of 2m x 8m (but the missus wanted decking to make up the room [:(!]

Well, deck her then !

Simples !
[;)]

Philocalist

A user on here has a very recent post looking for fish. I think he was after carp and tench for a small pond: I advised Koi might be an option.
Think his username is flyfisher or similar?
Good luck :)

wwonder

Originally posted by banksy

Well, deck her then !

Simples !
[;)]

I would do but she's a fiesty Irish lass [B)]

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam

Originally posted by banksy

Well, deck her then !

Simples !
[;)]

I would do but she's a fiesty Irish lass [B)]

jump.gif You could have run off after. [:D] [:D]

Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.