Anyone interested in this

squimp

Site Supporter
Somebody local buy it.

then give it to Dave and he can arrange a lottery draw. A tenner each.......

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What's special about it? - serious question

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
@Dave I'm going to wrong, but I think it's the last spliced tip daiwa made, the purple whipping models are I believe quite sort after.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@robert d if it were local to me I might of had a punt, but the section of river I mostly fish is to deep for a 13ft all bar a few swims so it would most likely sit unused, I've settled on 14ft and 15ft rods for trotting. Just thought I would chuck it up on here see if someone wanted it.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
The other thing I've just looked at in more detail the end eye whipping looks black.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I'm going to wrong, but I think it's the last spliced tip daiwa made, the purple whipping models are I believe quite sort after.
Connoisseur G and Spectron M2 ranges came well after and both included a 13' spliced tip model. I don't know for sure but suspect that the Spectron M2 will have been the last spliced tip rod that Daiwa offered. The purple Tom Pickering Connoisseur (TDCM13S) was probably the most talked about spliced tip rod Daiwa ever made. It tends to be the one that sells for the highest prices on the second hand market.

Nicky Dodds

Connoisseur G and Spectron M2 ranges came well after and both included a 13' spliced tip model. I don't know for sure but suspect that the Spectron M2 will have been the last spliced tip rod that Daiwa offered. The purple conny was probably the most talked about spliced tip rod Daiwa ever made. It tends to be the one that sells for the highest prices on the second hand market.
When you say purple conny Sam do you mean the Z's predecessor?

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@Sam Vimes I had a feeling I would be wrong but I'm happy to be corrected, but I did know the purple conny was sort after.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Chris is correct the Spectron M2 was probably the last Daiwa spliced tip rod and although the conny z is a nice enough rod it is the earlier conny that is much sought after it had a purple blank at the butt and was designated TDCM13S and had Tom Pickerings signature on the blank. These can sell for a decent price, when I had to replace my stolen one a few years ago I looked long and hard for a good one with the tip section intact and had to pay £135 for it. There are an awful lot of 12'10'' Daiwa spliced tip rods out there so I would really not contemplate one without a full length pic of of the tip section