Anyone in the catering trade?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does anyone have a couple of large electric buffet warming plates, the type with three containers on, in or near to Leeds that I can borrow for the weekend?

Ive been volunteered to do the catering for my daughters party and we're serving hot food, or not hot as may be the case lol

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Mmm - hot pork pie and mushy peas!
A delicacy I first came across when I was at Leeds Uni, with a splash of mint sauce it was my staple diet! :p(y)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Mmm - hot pork pie and mushy peas!
A delicacy I first came across when I was at Leeds Uni, with a splash of mint sauce it was my staple diet! :p(y)

7 course meal in Leeds mate pie and peas and 6 pints ??

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
you could try asking @The Ginger Bread Man (AKA total T*at) he works in MacDonalds or Burgerking, i forget which one.

Orrrr you could stop being a tightwad, take some of your millions go to B&Ms and buy one of these....

Total

Site Supporter
you could try asking @The Ginger Bread Man (AKA total T*at) he works in MacDonalds or Burgerking, i forget which one.

Orrrr you could stop being a tightwad, take some of your millions go to B&Ms and buy one of these....

^^ That one would only be big enough to keep Dave's meal warm! :D:giggle:

The Ginger Bread Man

Does anyone have a couple of large electric buffet warming plates, the type with three containers on, in or near to Leeds that I can borrow for the weekend?

Ive been volunteered to do the catering for my daughters party and we're serving hot food, or not hot as may be the case lol
Thursday? You left it a bit late. I could have borrowed some kit from Emmerdale/YTV but it's too late for me to organise due to security etc.
Google chafing dishes Dave, about £20 each...for curries etc. Instead of gel fuel use T lights.

Or heat at home, transport, good for two hours. Then dispose

@Trogg (b!tch) x

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've been to look at the B&M one and the two likkle dishes let it down.

Found a Daewoo one which will do the job, just need to get a couple though so will order tomorrow for Saturday delivery.
I should be able to re-sell them afterwards to recoup some money lol

Meat bought....

Hot meat sarnies for 70

20191128_201105.jpg

If I really sharpen my knife I should be able to get thin enough slices lol

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We've got some Vegans coming as well but that's not my department :D

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
We've got some Vegans coming as well but that's not my department :D

Tell them everything they can see is vegan... well, it was when it was alive and eating grass ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I did say I'd roll out a roll of turf and they could help themselves, but it didn't go down too well lol

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well, I've had to bite the bullet and order two food warmers - but I used a Black Friday promo code and saved 15% which paid for next day Saturday delivery :)

Anyone want to buy two food warmers, only used once, apply from Sunday ? :D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
He said they had a two year guarantee - I said I only need them to work one night lol

The Ginger Bread Man

He said they had a two year guarantee - I said I only need them to work one night lol
Future reference Dave...

My mate in Leeds

Also owns Bears Den in Sunbridge Wells, Bradford

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Haha - never trust a skinny chef is my moto :D

I once did a BBQ on coals for a school PTA evening - 120 places, all served, no one poisoned, and got asked back the following year to do it all again.
The local cricket club also tried to book me but I had to say no :)

Done dinners, buffets, hot and cold, for many people over time and tbh I do enjoy it and never get complaints :p