Anyone going Barston on Saturday?

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
If the weather as good as predicted I'll be fishing Barston with the old man Saturday if anyone fancies coming?

I'll probably aim to get a peg around 110-120 opposite the island (y) left hand side nearest pegs if ya never been before.

Look out for the fat bloke on the feeder chair with some of the gear and no idea and an old bloke fishing waggler down the edge sat on a stalking box :D

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Well i was there today from about 7am to 330pm, no-one else there identified themselves as maggotdrowners so who knows who else was there :D

Can't remember peg i fished but was pretty much opposite the island on the left hand bank.

Didn't blank :D only managed one skimmer though about 1/2lb :( There was i think a venue regular to my right that had about 16 bream/skimmers before i went home, makes me think i'm a really bad angler o_O

Is it true that the fish in Barston are mainly switched on to Mainline cell? I started with a hotchpotch of micros mixed 50% garlic and 50% robin red with some spicy sausage method mix to hold it together. after a couple hours tried Mainline Cell method mix but only got the one skimmer :unsure:

Is still pretty cold so i'm happy to blame the weather :)