Anyone fishing this weekend?

Total

Site Supporter
Can’t read my phone and float fish at same time :p
^^:giggle:....Knew you was gonna say that!.....So put your baseball hat on the right way around and fix your phone via a special holder to your hat and use google voice commands!:oops::D:ROFLMAO:

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Slider and chickpea or two specimen rods with boilies?
I need to wash up, get changed then grab kit. Loading car in 10 mins time

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Working in the morning, then afternoon session on a local res, skimmer fishing, just a short practice session for a feeder king qualifier this Wednesday on Southfield res.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Etang de Mialet for skimmers/Bream.
Usually fish pole, but will try waggler for a change.
Will also try feeder at 60m to submerged river bed. I am going to try a helicopter rig to see if I can connect with some bigger fish.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Trap set, Loch Caroy near Eabost.
Couldn’t fish the spot I wanted as there’s two lines of crab pots about fifty yards out.
6253DEB0-8986-4D1B-9F97-F53B4B0FEC22.jpeg

The Runner

Site Supporter
Busy day even if not catching anything really interesting, ended up with 9 doggies and 6 coalfish , coalies the bog standard shore size here of 8oz to a pound. Just psyching myself up for the 16 mile bike ride home. The E in my Ebike might get used a bit more than on the way here…
View looking back out of the loch
07EE4C64-11E2-40F3-99BB-B6EF673E77E7.jpeg

nutmeg

Site Supporter
What a miserable start to the day, went back to Knypersley reservour as planned, after the resident bream. Three hours trying to shelter under the brolly, but still got quite wet.
Anyhow managed to find a few, plus some roach and perch. A pleasant outcome though.

IMG-20220731-WA0011.jpg

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
BBQ tonight
Avon tomorrow
Gt Ouse Sunday
Trent wednesday

Is this what it's like being retired?
BBQ was great

Avon was a disaster - a good draw but couldn't catch anything much other than minnows!! Chucked back 3 pounds and went home with tail between legs.

Gt Ouse was much better, 2nd with 19 pounds 2 oz of mainly dace on whip & caster. BUT i did get beaten off the next peg and will have to reassess my approach on that venue. The winner bait-droppered maggots regularly and just fished over the top of them on a top kit. I though he was getting smaller fish than me - but they were just as big in the weigh sling! So he ended up 7 pounds ahead :(
  • The problem with caster is the missed bites, even in the relatively fast flow of a 3.5 ft deep peg!! I'd previously thought that the better stamp makes up for it - but that wasn't true yesterday.
  • Another problem is bumped Dace with a flicktip whip, dace dart around, snatching at the casters - so bites quite often result in a bump. Perhaps the elastic helps to avoid this ?? The winner, Gary, though so - and he was very much following the advice of another venue regular (Mick) who has fishing this way for several years - but not drawn the best areas (unlike me it must be said)
  • The other difference was the bait dropper ... in 3.5 ft of water!! Loosefeeding often results in the very biggest dace going crazy just under the surface - but being impossible to hook. I suffered from this ... as did Gary when he started to loosefeed near to the end of the match.
food for thought anyway!

Roll on the Trent midweek ...

Fritz

This weekend I will try again to catch zanders or eels. Last weekend I blanked and this time I will take a modified John Sidley rig and again small dead roach as bait.
Unfortunately I got a ill and could not go fishing this weekend. Something like a light flu and covid test still negative. Therefore I can not report any fishing success this time.
Hopefully I will be able to go fishing next weekend.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
I made a friend at the park. He said to me yesterday, if you want to go fishing sometimes just let me know as none of my mates go fishing.

We plan to go Tenching at Himley Hall on Sunday...
It’s Zerkalos lonely park mate clan
We hope the Tench are gonna show
Zerkalos lonely park mate clan
We fish the Lilly pegs you know…