Anyone fishing this weekend?

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Tomorrow at Saltfleetby Fisheries.
Back after a fabulous days fishing. The lake was alive with fish cruising the surface but they didn't want to feed . The ones that did feed were on the bottom and I caught steady all day , almost without any slow periods without a bite. Lovely breeze so not too warm.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Best thing about the place I fished was it was so quiet, either no one really knows about it, doesn't want to fish it, or most likely I reckon can't be bothered to drive down the two mile narrow lane to get there.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Wish I’d fished today as got breezy enough today so could be very challenging tomorrow as forecast stronger but we shall see. Went for lunch at the nagshead on the Thames at Abingdon instead though and saw a ridiculous amount of chub. Only one real proper one of about 4lb but literally hundreds of small ones from probably little over an ounce to probably a pound and a half and every size in between. Didn’t see much of anything else the chub seemed to outnumber everything else by tens to one. River was low and slow but still with reasonable colour. Well boated stretch which I guess helps. Very humid today so surely some proper rain coming soon.

HALTON DANGLER

40 mins cutting in swim through balsam and nettles, worth effort on feeder on river good fun

Attachments

• 20220723_154820.jpg
    20220723_154820.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 17

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
No fishing for me again this weekend. I had hoped to get a session in before Alders, but as usual I’ve got far too much to do. I’ve only been once since the May Bank Holiday. Still a bit of prep this week for 3 whole Alders days. I cannot wait, I don’t really care if it chucks it down. @Stewie74 I think your £1 is pretty safe.

Stewie74

Making it up as I go along…..
Site Supporter
saturday won it with 99lb 1oz next i chucked 5lb of skimmers back which would have given me the ton and sunday i weighed 138lb not sure where i come in that one as results not up yet and i had too shoot off
Novice my arse😂😂😂

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Had a couple of hours on our match water on Thursday afternoon. It didn't fish that well but I had a few roach & F1's. Got a three hour evening match on there tomorrow night. Didn't manage to get out yesterday as planned, as it was torrential rain all day. Hopefully it'll have put some more water in the pond as the levels are a good 1.5 foot down.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Although I didn't get out fishing I did note that the Wye looked a lot better yesterday evening as I headed north so maybe the stretches that were closed will be open again this week, however I have not had any emails from the Wye and Usk foundation or Newport AC confirming this

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Fished Knypersley reservoir, had bites from the start, but mostly roach and perch, with only three proper bream coming to grace the landing net. Packed up before 2pm as the rain was coming down in buckets.
Hopefully will return on Sunday to try again.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
no fishing this weekend ... last session was last Wednesday on Trent at Newark.
but did manage some fish spotting (alongside a picnic) at a national trust property on Sunday. plenty of chub (which liked bread), a pike and then more chublets and roach in the tributaray of the main river.
Saturday was a visit to Hook Norton brewery ... which was nice 😀

afternoon Off tomorrow, so going out then to drown some casters!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm going to the Warks Avon today, around Barford with @NoCarpPlease who kindly got me a guest ticket.

I hardly ever fish a float on the Severn let alone a stick float so fingers crossed.