Anyone fishing this weekend?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Still over a week away from my next session as have social events again this weekend but starting to get withdrawals as not used to this longer a break between sessions at this time of year and it’s only been 9 days so far!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Down the weir now and a few casts on bomb and worm tell me it’s still full of small fish so dads bringing me down a float rod.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Right , it's not the weekend but Monday 10.00 am through to Wednesday 10.00 am.
After some of the big bream that are in there but only managed to get the medium ones 6lb to 8lb.
First fish was 6lb 03oz.

20220926_170128.jpg

Then went on to catch a lot more of these -
20220927_105304.jpg

All about the same size and couldn't get among the big girls.

90sGear

Site Supporter
After two weeks hunkered down with Covid I’m now testing negative albeit with a chesty cold. So it means I can make my first Docklow pools full festival . Driving down this weekend to have a pleasure fish then the matches run Monday to Friday. Gotta make the most of my redunadancey period before I have to go back to work worthwhile :)

Anyone else on here on it?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've a match on Saturday and an invite to a match on Sunday. The first I'm committed to, plus it's a charity fundraiser, the second I've yet to put my name down for, if anything it might be a last-minute decision

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Right , it's not the weekend but Monday 10.00 am through to Wednesday 10.00 am.
After some of the big bream that are in there but only managed to get the medium ones 6lb to 8lb.
First fish was 6lb 03oz.

20220926_170128.jpg

Then went on to catch a lot more of these -
20220927_105304.jpg

All about the same size and couldn't get among the big girls.
7lb one looks in prime condition. (y):)

62tucker

Site Supporter
River was clear at 4pm at 6pm it like this.
Not bronze colour like last heavy rain but this is mud colour off the farmers ploughing the fields up the river.

Stewie74

Making it up as I go along…..
Site Supporter
Club match on Saturday booked in, might go on another club match on Sunday, depending on when my new garage floor is finished, if it’s done on saturday I’ll be shifting all the stuff back into it instead.

Greeny1178

Site Supporter
Collected a few worms 🪱 ready for a couple of evenings down club pond over weekend hopefully , weather winds a bit hit and miss .

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Partner away this weekend so...Saturday morning a junior session on the village pond. Already 10 down to attend, not bad for 6 good pegs ( 8 pegs in total).
Sunday meeting an old friend and going to caistor lakes for a bit of nostalgia

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Already planning Saturday - simple session with the centrepin on one of two club waters, Jacob has COVID :( so can’t play and I’ll be roving with just rod, landing net and bait.

Rob F

Site Supporter
Out on Sunday for an early hours ambush on a club water that has been difficult this year to say the least!
Last went 2 weeks ago when I posted about doing the treble on this thread, score was hooked one, lost one!
Got to persevere though haven't I?

The Runner

Site Supporter
Probably won’t be going over the weekend as the weather forecast isn’t looking great, so got a couple of things to do at home first and then going back today for another go at the spurdogs. Not a good tide for there but we’ll see…
Should really have put a full report up for last Saturday as it was probably the best and definitely the most manic half day’s sea fishing I’ve ever had. Longest I waited for a bite was 15 minutes on first cast , mostly a lot less and a few of them took immediately the lead hit bottom. Had a fish on every cast ( on the one bite I missed I then had a pollack take the bait on the retrieve) : worked out that must have had 15 spurs- used one and a half mackerel, six baits per side , had two on the same bait so a quick bit of maths ( 6x3) +1 -1pollack -3 bite offs =15….Biggest 12-2 according to weight for length scale, one a little smaller and then mostly 7 to 8.
Don’t expect anything like that again today. The area can be erratic, think my spur count in six visits goes 0 7 0 8 6 15. On one visit a couple of blokes on a crab pot boat asked if I’d had any ling yet- known area for them apparently but still waiting.

OneLastChuck

Site Supporter
Hopefully a day on one of my local club waters on Saturday then not sure about Sunday. Will be going somewhere but not sure. Possibly club water again depending on how Saturday goes haha.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not this weekend. Working Saturday and have Monday off so might as well go on Monday when it's going to be dry and less busy on the Severn at Arley. I want to go for one of the medium paced pegs, bit of a gamble, but I think it stands a chance of being alright. Will be fishing pellet rather than maggot, again a bit of a 'gamble' but cheaper than maggots.