Anyone fishing this weekend?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Was thinking of going along to opposite the hotel . Had to many bits on back channel . If I was going on back channel it would have been a feeder rod and luncheon meat .
Need to fish hemp and possibly tares on the back channel, meadows, really anywhere around sandford (even the whole Oxfordshire Thames) in the summer as any other bait on the float is virtually pointless unless you fish pole with a huge bulk.

Last edited:

nutmeg

Site Supporter
I had a really good session today on the clubs main lake, weighed in 19lb 6oz of Roach, a few perch and a solitary rudd, which was the first l have caught from this lake in years.
Sorry about the quality of the pic.
20220918_162456.jpg

ravey

I had a really good session today on the clubs main lake, weighed in 19lb 6oz of Roach, a few perch and a solitary rudd, which was the first l have caught from this lake in years.
Sorry about the quality of the pic.
20220918_162456.jpg
Nice net of fish there. Well done👍

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
My plans got scuppered had to paint the hallway Sunday and fit laminate floor today .
Managed so far Saturday and Monday at kiveton waters won my section on both days so not cost me anything yet
Got a match every day rest of week 🙌😊

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
No fishing for me this weekend Just booked a weekend over the lakes with the Mrs.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Might go and check out Holt Fleet 'Weir' the next few days with the intention of fishing it soon. In the mood to sit and wait for a big Barbel even though it probably needs some water.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Fishing the Wallington nr Portsmouth
At Boarhunt on Saturday... great Gudgeon Hunt

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Might go and check out Holt Fleet 'Weir' the next few days with the intention of fishing it soon. In the mood to sit and wait for a big Barbel even though it probably needs some water.
Check out the severn valley barbel fishing page on FB. Don’t need to have an account is an open page that you can just find on any browser. There’s at least someone catching barbel probably 250 days a year on there doesn’t seem to matter if it’s low or flooded or anywhere in between someone will be on them. Just shows is always doable just got to be in it to win it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Check out the severn valley barbel fishing page on FB. Don’t need to have an account is an open page that you can just find on any browser. There’s at least someone catching barbel probably 250 days a year on there doesn’t seem to matter if it’s low or flooded or anywhere in between someone will be on them. Just shows is always doable just got to be in it to win it.
The fish will still come out of the right pegs, I reckon half the battle is locating them as at extremes of conditions as you could write off a lot of pegs. Having never seen Holt Fleet weir before, I expect it to be tough going even when in decent nick. It's not uncommon to hear of no Barbel coming out along whole stretches but people only report when they catch anything!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The fish will still come out of the right pegs, I reckon half the battle is locating them as at extremes of conditions as you could write off a lot of pegs. Having never seen Holt Fleet weir before, I expect it to be tough going even when in decent nick. It's not uncommon to hear of no Barbel coming out along whole stretches but people only report when they catch anything!
It’s worth a look though as they never stop catching and all over the place and generally aren’t particularly secretive as to where.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It’s worth a look though as they never stop catching and all over the place and generally aren’t particularly secretive as to where.
I can only find this group

Doesn't seem a reflection of the Severn between Bridgnorth and Bewdley as people only report when they do catch something.

Holt Fleet is practically Lower Severn.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter

Doesn't seem a reflection of the Severn between Bridgnorth and Bewdley as people only report when they do catch something.

Holt Fleet is practically Lower Severn.
Sorry yes that’s the one. They do only report catches but there’s multiple catches reported just about every day.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sorry yes that’s the one. They do only report catches but there’s multiple catches reported just about every day.
I don't expect Holt Fleet to be easy at all, but heard of a 16lb Barbel last year. Will be something different for me at least.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I don't expect Holt Fleet to be easy at all, but heard of a 16lb Barbel last year. Will be something different for me at least.
Good luck 🤞🏻 👍🏻

Might be worth a two rod approach switching between a heavier pellet rig and a maggot feeder just to give you an idea of what’s about.

Roving_All_Rounder

Site Supporter

Used to use that group all the time to keep an eye on things around Bridgnorth. Can be great for little nuggets of info but like most places on the internet, it seems to getting more toxic by the day :rolleyes:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I might go the Danery on Friday and fish a maggot feeder. Can be quite fun but I don't expect a great deal from there, did have my PB 10lb 12oz Barbel from there last year on worm though around this time of year.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Mrs R going away All weekend so I will be looking after the dog.
If I took him dangling he would try to retrieve float/feeder/lure/lead.
Bottle of Jim Beam on side, new remote batteries inserted,fridge full of meat and sock washed 😳🤣🤣🤣

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm up early to get tackle ready to go to Danery on the Severn and fish mostly maggot etc will take some pellets too just in case. Got a job at 9.30 so won't get there till 11ish. Suns going to be out, rivers going to be low, wouldn't surprise me if can see the bottom a fair way out, but still kind of looking forward to it. Doubt or hope not many others will be on the stretch.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Feeling fit enough to give it a go tomorrow - number One son has swimming lesson and a birthday party so dad is going solo.

Done a batch of hemp in the flask overnight so maybe a crucian hunt if I can pick up a few casters later.