Anyone fishing this weekend?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Enjoy mate, be lucky.....;)(y)
Thanks Mark (y) Although reading Chris - Northantslad's report of the Trent today doesn't bode well. Can just hope the fish have adjusted by tomorrow. Better cloud cover expected tomorrow might help.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Going to a club lake tomorrow for a session on the waggler, after the resident roach. Hope the wind isnt too strong.

Total

Site Supporter
Thanks Mark (y) Although reading Chris - Northantslad's report of the Trent today doesn't bode well. Can just hope the fish have adjusted by tomorrow. Better cloud cover expected tomorrow might help.
Tomorrow's a different day Kev....:).....Only one person I would rely/trust on for info' regarding the Trent and that is our Mick (Tipit')....He's rubbish with a broom but an absolute magician with a rod especially on the Trent....;)(y)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Tomorrow's a different day Kev....:).....Only one person I would rely/trust on for info' regarding the Trent and that is our Mick (Tipit')....He's rubbish with a broom but an absolute magician with a rod especially on the Trent....;)(y)
If you speak to Mick, please give him, my best regards and tell him he was right about the Daiwa AWL rods. (y)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Seeing as I was to late to get maggots and hemp yesterday for a session at Sandford . It will be either Newlands near the Linear complex or An old farm pool at Fritwell. Bait will be pellets,corn,meat, bread .
I went on Fritwell a few weeks ago just using pellets and groundbait on both the waggler and feeder. Had a good few hours catching the resident carp . Plus the odd decent roach .
Newlands can be hit and miss on pellet and boilie, so if I go there it will more than likely be bread down the sides and corn at about 20 metres out on straight lead .
Both places ideal for a chair and bag of bait and bits approach . Plus pole and feeder rod instead of loading the shuttle up with everything but the kitchen sink .

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Would be a dangerous venue for me with all them trees about....:oops::rolleyes:
I just said to my dad,

"I'm excited about tomorrow, probably won't catch anything now."
He said with a big grin on his face, "I'm coming with you!"
"Haven't got enough bait" I said.

He's decided he's coming with me and just going to fish expanders and pellets. (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Am proper torn on whether to fish a full session tomorrow or watch the funeral then go for a short session in the afternoon. Part of me is like as we’ve literally got the day off for it then I should probably watch it but then part of me is like if funerals tell you anything it’s that life’s for living so I should just go for a full session.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
For me it's just the way my family are, it's family first with us, and all have our own way of paying respects. My dad is only fishing the morning as he has to come back to look after my niece.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Going to gamble on a stretch that’s had a match on it today and will be a downstream wind but I’ve done well on it after matches before and it’s meant to be a very light wind so I’m hoping it’ll be ok. Want to get back on it as intended to try multiple new pegs on it this season but so far I’ve just fished one new one once and one I already knew three times due to conditions not really having been worth gambling on others so this time I’m just going to wing it and pick whatever new one looks most fishable in the conditions. It’ll be the last warm ish weather session I’ll have on the river this year so possibly the last chance to try a new peg in decent conditions.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Difference in the spots

8C0A91EB-0C1C-40F0-B1C0-5DC2022EFF07.jpeg

7A335CCB-EC41-4682-9A5D-A9C1BAF288B8.jpeg

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Went to the Derwent with Arch last night and snagged a 10lb 9oz Pike on half a tin of bacon grill and a small 7lb odd Barbel on boilie.

I've probably got one more Derwent session in me in search of a 14lb+ fish this year before i start heading to the middle Trent to round off my season.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Thinking of having a dabble on Milton Pools tomorrow , I have heard they have had lots of phone calls asking if they are open . So it will depend if get up at daft o clock and load up the car and go , or get up a little later and go to Newlands .
Bait will be bread corn and meat ,fished over a bed of softened micro pellets .
Failing that , It will be a 10 minute drive to the Thames at Sandford. Fish Waggler and whip . Bait will be bread punch and flake .

Total

Site Supporter
Thinking of having a dabble on Milton Pools tomorrow , I have heard they have had lots of phone calls asking if they are open . So it will depend if get up at daft o clock and load up the car and go , or get up a little later and go to Newlands .
Failing that , It will be a 10 minute drive to the Thames at Sandford. Fish Waggler and whip . Bait will be bread punch and flake .
I haven't heard anything to the contrary that it is still open....Nice place but a bit noisy due to the nearby M40 and look out for the resident kites...Enjoy....(y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ll be at sandford tomorrow as well mate, down opposite the meadows I think as only done 4 sessions down there this season as opposed to 11 on the weirstream/old channel which is probably enough down there for a while 😅

Milton pools might be marginally quieter than usual if people are all in watching the proceedings rather than being on the M40!

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I’ll be at sandford tomorrow as well mate, down opposite the meadows I think as only done 4 sessions down there this season as opposed to 11 on the weirstream/old channel which is probably enough down there for a while 😅

Milton pools might be marginally quieter than usual if people are all in watching the proceedings rather than being on the M40!
Was thinking of going along to opposite the hotel . Had to many bits on back channel . If I was going on back channel it would have been a feeder rod and luncheon meat .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I haven't heard anything to the contrary that it is still open....Nice place but a bit noisy due to the nearby M40 and look out for the resident kites...Enjoy....(y)
See plenty of kites above the back garden Mark . I am sure someone feeds them further along the road now and then .
Am tempted to tie partners vicious cat to a post and hope a kite takes a fancy to it 😂