Anyone fishing this weekend?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Now the temperatures have subsided and back to a more reasonable summer level, is anyone fishing this weekend?

For me, the rivers round here are still too low so won't be going on them until we've had some rain. I'm going to go to Hurst Farm instead. They used to have a tiny lake there called the Crucian Pit with Crucians reported up to 4 and a quarter pounds.

I wish I'd fished it while it was still there as one of the banks collapsed this year and all the water and fish ran into the lake I usually fish. So at least there might be a few more Crucians to go at in that lake. There are Brown Goldfish and Hybrid looking things in there though you can still catch pure looking Crucians so fingers crossed. If not, there's a massive head of quality Roach to go at.

On Sunday I have a job in Halesowen. It's an inventory and when I did the last report there was a 'MaggotDrowners' Seat Box left by the last tenant in the shed, might be still there.

PS. On Monday or Tuesday of next week I hope to fish the Warks Avon with a forum member who's kindly offered to get me a guest ticket.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yep will be on the Thames either tomorrow or Sunday as it’s been fishing well despite the lack of rain. Would prefer tomorrow as is by far the less windy day but depends what else is going on and tbh it’s a good wind direction so Sunday shouldn’t be a disaster if it has to be then. Then booked Thursday off for an extra go as well when it looks like the wind shouldn’t be an issue.

alsur

Site Supporter
Don't fish weekends much now I'm retired, went out yesterday evening very pleasant, went to clubs prolific Carp lake needed to catch a few, bagged up on the method.

Rob F

Site Supporter
Aiming to be out but not decided where yet, tackle all packed, buy bait on the way home, early night after a couple of pints and see what time I wake up!
Have to say I really enjoyed waking up to the sound of rain this morning, loved the freshness going out of the house.

bezzer

Site Supporter
Not out this weekend as it's Mrs Bezzer's birthday but, I hope to get to Napton on Monday afternoon/evening.

tincatim

Site Supporter
Missus has the weekend off so I’ll be spending it with her, so no fishing for me. However, I can nip out for three hours after work today. It will be raining though, so I’m not entirely sure I’m going yet.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Possibly tomorrow... gonna pick up some maggots/casters today, got some hemp in the car and I have to try and christen my cane poles with some nice Roach... its an awful chore but someone has to do it...😏😉😎👍

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
off to the coast in the morning with the missus (20 mins in taxi), then shopping as she needs a yoga mat and then settle down at 6pm for Fisho and a nice bottle of red wine. She doesnt realise the treat she is in for...5hrs of live match fishing!!!!

Then baseball at 2am sunday morning

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
off to the coast in the morning with the missus (20 mins in taxi), then shopping as she needs a yoga mat and then settle down at 6pm for Fisho and a nice bottle of red wine. She doesnt realise the treat she is in for...5hrs of live match fishing!!!!

Then baseball at 2am sunday morning
Oooh forgot about fisho... might watch it... or do I go fishing...? Fisho...? Or Fishing...? Hmmmmm a dilemma...!😎👍😉😏

The Runner

Site Supporter
Off in a couple of hours for an afternoon/ evening session after the pollack up at Staffin, haven’t fished there yet this year.
Some marks on the other (west) side of the island could be a bit depressing to go to at the moment. Bird flu hammering the seabird colonies on Canna and elsewhere now, apparently up to 50 dead guillemots, gannets etc per day getting washed up on the beaches at Talisker and Glenbrittle.
Grim .

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I shall allow the workers to have their "fix" at the weekend and probably pop down to the club lakes on Monday as I have to pick up a new fishery key as the locks are being changed, then on the Thursday afternoon I'll be off down to Alders Farm for Friday, Saturday and Sunday spent in the company of 40+ fellow forum members. :upthumb:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Tight lines to all whenever your getting out.

My dads gone to my aunts so asked him to go to the tackle shop in Hodge Hill to get a pint of casters and pint of reds. You can feed a lot more than that at Hurst due to the amount of Roach and Perch but my main line of attack will be pellet and 4mm expanders. People find it funny I fish for Roach and Crucians with 4mm expanders but the Roach are big enough and it gives me a good chance of catching Crucians while avoiding the Perch. Tried Bread there once, too many missed bites. Tried Hemp, too many Carp, which I don't mind but they go like stink and I won't get them out on light tackle.

violator

Going back to my old club lakes, but on a day ticket on Sunday. Interested to see what its like now, hoping a few out of the margins on paste.

Stewie74

Making it up as I go along…..
Site Supporter
No fishing for me again this weekend, watching fisho tomorrow then a 5 hr round trip to Heathrow Sunday to collect the daughter. Off next week so will get out Monday or Tuesday before heading to Alders on Thursday👍👍👍

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
Match at Rising Sun near Aldwark in the depths of North Yorkshire
Joint match with Guisborough AC so there'll be about two dozen of us across the two back ponds

Simon

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Fishing at Knypersley reservoir on Sunday, hoping that the change of temperature and the bit of rain locally, may just encourage the resident bream to go on the feed.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Derwent this evening chasing the elusive Barbel.

Trent tomorrow with @ravey for maybe Barbel and maybe anything that takes maggot or caster or corn or pellet or whatever else is in my bait bag :)