Anyone fishing this weekend?

IanG1

Site Supporter
I have to drive further to buy bait than go fishing as the two local tackle shops I usually use have decided to close. Also looks like Derbyshire police are playing hard ball, I work for a local authority and received a letter to carry with me in case I get stopped during work duties designating me as a critical worker so reckon a proper clamp down on the way. The fact every canal and stillwater worth fishing is only good for Torville & Dean round here makes my decision to stay home a bit easier.
Be careful out fellas and don't take the p*ss

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
all lakes frozen so heading for a tiny piece of river which no one seems to know whats in it so will be interesting to get there and see, will do a bit of chubbing and stay mobile

Marker50

Site Supporter
Did,nt want to take p,,, mate.
Just wondered if shop is open what is allowed

Marker50

Site Supporter
If shop is on a complex you are going anyway if local that is.
With the fines for driving to exercise I cant imagine saying officer "i,m going to a tackle shop "
Sounding ok.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Most are click and collect but living in Derbyshire and the way the police are here atm, I wouldn’t want to travel out of my village to get something. I think this time next week, they might relax a little and fall into line with other counties, but then again with deaths and infections rising, other counties might fall into line with us..

Marker50

Site Supporter
Got you.so the ldea is to order.
Then collect.
If you get stopped you prove you have ordered

Whisker

Site Supporter
Then collect.
The ordering is the easy part, collecting on the other hand... 🥺
I’ve ordered from Nathan’s of Derby today and can be there in 15mins to collect it, but I chose to have it delivered. Delivery was free, a £200 fine isn’t...

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I've just phoned the tackle shop to order 3 pints of Mixed Maggots and a pack of size 16 Guru Kaizen hooks for a session on the local river tomorrow.

Looks like it's going to be an ice cold day but I will brave it. I'll swing by the river on the way to check the levels, hopefully it will be good but if not should be down by Sunday.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 14.32.19.png
No not me but ive got itchy feet ,soon i hope . Im trying to find out about the river derwent about a mile from me ,

nutmeg

Site Supporter
All being ok l will give the local river a go, on Sunday and see if the chub are on the feed, not fished the local river for a couple of years, been to busy on a few local lakes and canals, so lam overdue a change of style, so it will be a stick float and maggots day.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Could be tempted to a club stretch of river as everything else seems to fall outside of local atm. Confident that might change over the next week though... 😳

Zerkalo

Don't want to jinx it by saying I'll catch anything tomorrow but my dad has said he's going to bring me down a bacon sandwich sometime in the morning! :love:

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
Just had an e mail asking me to take a coaching session on Sunday for 2 fly fishers but I said no. I think it must be the first time I have turned someone down for no real reason. I'm not sure of the coaching rules during this lockdown because I haven't looked but I have no real inclination at the moment. I must be getting old. ;)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Fished today, had 5 lb of roach in 3 hours, when I ran out of groundbait the bites stopped, will be back out monday working the weekend.
Good effort that mate as can imagine the river is still pretty high?

Should think I’ve caught my last river fish for the season unless the travel restrictions loosen a bit 😢

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@Silverfisher river still has a little extra flow and I could of done with useing a 3 or 4 gram float but went with 2, would of helped to hold it back better, fish wanted a small ball or groundbait every couple three fish, just loose feeding maggot hemp n pinkies did not get bites you be back on the bank soon mate, glad you and the family have made it through your covid quarantine without incident.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@Silverfisher river still has a little extra flow and I could of done with useing a 3 or 4 gram float but went with 2, would of helped to hold it back better, fish wanted a small ball or groundbait every couple three fish, just loose feeding maggot hemp n pinkies did not get bites you be back on the bank soon mate, glad you and the family have made it through your covid quarantine without incident.
Sounds good glad you had a good session 👍🏻

Thanks mate. Still got a couple more days isolation myself but yeah the rest are free now. Mum and as far as they are telling us my grandparents are fine now and although dads still coughing like a trooper at times he says he feels pretty much fine and when Mum spoke to the doctors they weren’t fussed as apparently the cough can last weeks. So yeah hopefully within a few days we’ll all be out of the woods 🤞

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not for me, going to be tidying the garage up, got about 12 rods made up that I’ll strip down, hooks to tie, some reels to put new line on and various other clean up / prep to do.

Also going to have a sort out and the stuff I haven’t used for years will be going in the classifieds.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Then collect.
I think the guidance states that any bait collections should be part of the day's exercise,in other words collect on the way there and don't make a special trip out to get it

:)

Link at the top of 'Fishing Talk'

alsur

Site Supporter
My club has still not re opened waters they have a lot of waters and members and many members live well outside local area, It's a difficult decision for committee.