Anyone fishing this weekend?

Zerkalo

I've just phoned the tackle shop to order 3 pints of Mixed Maggots and a pack of size 16 Guru Kaizen hooks for a session on the local river tomorrow.

Looks like it's going to be an ice cold day but I will brave it. I'll swing by the river on the way to check the levels, hopefully it will be good but if not should be down by Sunday.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 14.32.19.png

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nope still isolating til Monday and wouldn’t go anytime in the next few days anyway as it’s too cold to realistically catch well on my usual venues let alone my closest ones. Going to leave it until after next weekend I reckon when I should be way past the virus and we’ll be well into the milder spell (still wouldn’t call it mild mind you!) plus a kind of fishing common law might have better defined local by then!

Zerkalo

Couldn't get more local than this spot for me as I could walk there. Although a few trees have came down on the lane (hopefully they won't get chucked in the river) the river looks fishable at least. Might take some gloves with me though!

View attachment IMG_2245.m4v

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The vaccine only lessens the chance of you catching CV19.
It comes in two parts, I had first part yesterday, I have the booster in around 12 weeks time, If the weather picks up I will more than likely go fishing.
Just because you have had the vaccine ,dont think yourself to be invincible from CV19.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Nope, in the light of the reports coming in of people getting fines for travelling less than five miles, I'll be staying home for the foreseeable future. The daft part is that I could go fishing closer than I have to drive to the closest supermarket. However, as I'd have to drive even further just to buy bait, it makes the decision to abstain just a little easier.

Zerkalo

My sister has had her second jab of the Pfizer vaccine already. She had a fever as side effects last night but it's worth it to be vaccinated. I can't wait to have mine, but I'll be fishing in the meantime where I think it's safe to do so, basically this weir.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Rivers full of snow melt, local ponds all frozen - weather is predicted to be a little milder next week so I'll wait

Simon

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Going to try a local small river I can walk to. Luckily I have a tackle shop very local so I don’t feel I’m breaking any rules

The Landlord

Site Supporter
All our waters are frozen. Meant to be a balmy 6-8 degrees next week & I'm getting me splint off. Might have a bash, middle of next week

Browner

5 min walk to the river, quiver rod, net and rucksack, couple of slices of bread and some likky. Couple of hours max then back home for lunch. Hopefully a few chub and roach.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Are tackle shops open.i rang 3 but no answer.
Not sure if only them on a complex open ?

Zerkalo

Are tackle shops open.i rang 3 but no answer.
Not sure if only them on a complex open ?
Not sure mate. I guess it depends on your local shops. Mine was open and came to their door with my order after I rang them.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Thinking about it. One of my venues is 6miles away, within my administrative district, within my postcode, I’ve got petrol in the car and meat and corn in the cupboard.

Will be bloody cold though.