Anyone familiar with Southview, Skegness?

Simon R

Site Supporter
Just booked a caravan here for a week at the back-end of June
According to the van owner it's a 30 second walk to Cedar Lake

Can anybody indicate which of these blue splodges is the lake in question

1617715260358.png

Also anybody know what they charge for the fishing - I'll only be having short evening sessions
If they insist on you obtaining an 'entertainment' pass (in excess of £40 I believe just to watch 3rd rate entertainment, fight to get a seat and drink overpriced beer) then I'll fish elsewhere - one big plus point about Skegness is there's no shortage of day-ticket fisheries in a very small area.

Simon

legs230258

Site Supporter
10 years ago, I used to go there two or three times a year, along with a dozen other people. We'd all rent a caravan for 5 days, the men fishing and women....doing what women do. We'd fish a few knock ups on there with the resident caravan owners. You could catch 100lb of roach in those days, all on hemp ! Some caught up to 100lb of crucians on meat ! It had lots of carp in aswell. Nowadays it's mainly carp, and lots of them. You can catch in any margin from the word go. Method effective, as are most commercial carp methods. Last time I went was for a weekend 2 years ago, after a break of 6 years. The club and the entertainment was terrible compared to previous years, along with the clientele. Not been back since. The fishing was still brilliant. I fished a method down the edge and kept throwing pellets over it. Fish from 2lb up to 16lb, I packed up after catching 40 fish, I was knackered ! If Cedar Lake is the same and still as good you'll really enjoy the fishing. Hopefully after the recent covid setback the park owners have improved the facilities. I used to really enjoy going there. If you have a good time, please let me know, I may have another look. Good Luck.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Thanks for the info
But does anybody know which lake is Cedar?

Simon

legs230258

Site Supporter
Thanks for the info
But does anybody know which lake is Cedar?

Simon
As you go on to Southview, there are lakes either side of you as you approach the reception/ entertainment/shop area., which is on your left. You couldn't fish either of those. Behind the reception is another small lake that you could fish, but it wasn't great compared to Cedar lake. Cedar lake is signposted. You go down the main drive and turn left 100 yards after passing the reception carp park. Follow the road round and you'll meet Cedar lake on your right. All the original caravan areas were named after trees, the Cedars is one of them, surrounding the lake. Later developments, Sunrise and Sunset are beyond the Cedars. The whole area around Southview is full of fishing lakes, Burgh le Marsh up the road has some great fishing. You pass a couple heading towards Southview, Roach farm, there are loads.

legs230258

Site Supporter
Simon, looking on your map, the left turn on to Willows drive leads to Maple Way which skirts the Cedars caravans and lake on your right. Hope all goes well. Cheers and good luck.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
When my mum and dad had a caravan sited at Sycamore lakes, Skegness I know my dad preferred to travel a few miles up the road and fish a place called ‘ watercolours ‘. He said it was a nice peaceful mixed fishery with a good head fish.

Simon R

Site Supporter
When my mum and dad had a caravan sited at Sycamore lakes, Skegness I know my dad preferred to travel a few miles up the road and fish a place called ‘ watercolours ‘. He said it was a nice peaceful mixed fishery with a good head fish.
Watercolours (if it's the one I'm thinking about) is near Chapel St Leonards - never fished it but did have a wander around a few years ago.

Did strike me as a very well kept spot

Simon

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Watercolours (if it's the one I'm thinking about) is near Chapel St Leonards - never fished it but did have a wander around a few years ago.

Did strike me as a very well kept spot

Simon
Sadly I’ve not fished it Simon but, from what my dad says about it it’s a lovely peaceful venue. The fish are in lovely condition also. No special tactics just corn and meat down the edge. My dad prefers to fish either a tiny, dumpy waggler or a pole float with waggler rod and centrepin as they’re are some proper beasts in there. If you go .... hold on. 🤣🤣