Anyone ever used one of these?...

Reuben

Site Supporter
Always got to be aware when fishing on your tod. It’s quite sad to say that I’ve always got an item within easy reach for vermin control - irrespective of how many legs it’s got……

SeanB

Site Supporter
They are beautiful dogs!
I suppose you have to put things into perspective and consider how often these things happen, obviously some places are more risky than others. My anxiety is pretty bad to the extent that I sometimes won't go, even to places I know are perfectly safe and that's no way to live. Take sensible preparations, two big dogs (claymore mines and an ak 47 are good as well, just have a quiet world with @ukzero1 if you need any lol) and try and enjoy your fishing.

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
They are beautiful dogs!
I suppose you have to put things into perspective and consider how often these things happen, obviously some places are more risky than others. My anxiety is pretty bad to the extent that I sometimes won't go, even to places I know are perfectly safe and that's no way to live. Take sensible preparations, two big dogs (claymore mines and an ak 47 are good as well, just have a quiet world with @ukzero1 if you need any lol) and try and enjoy your fishing.
I was only kidding about taking both of them but if I get permission I will take my male with me. He is very protective of me. I do always carry my mora with me when fishing or camping too. Not to use in that way but if needs must.....

Hopefully I will go night fishing and it will be largely uneventful (apart from the fish).

SeanB

Site Supporter
Let us know how you get on, hopefully you will bag up 👍

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have a couple of battery operated sensor lights. Not only good for when you crawl from your bivvy in the dark, but let's you know if anyone gets too close for comfort when the lights suddenly come on and there's no sound from the alarms.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I will be taking my bedchair and bivvy even on day sessions. If the weather permits it will be full English and a sunbathing. If the sun isn't playing out it will be full English and sleep! 😄
Walton Res ( Appleton Res) as stated in WAA card,I don't know why because everyone knows it as Wally Res or Walton Res. has a couple of decent swims at the top end where you have an unrestricted view of the res, and bankside cover behind you. Doubt anyone could sneak up up on those swims.

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
Walton Res ( Appleton Res) as stated in WAA card,I don't know why because everyone knows it as Wally Res or Walton Res. has a couple of decent swims at the top end where you have an unrestricted view of the res, and bankside cover behind you. Doubt anyone could sneak up up on those swims.
Not looked around Walton res yet. My dad used to fly fish that for trout back in the day. We were talking about it yesterday in the car.

Took him and my mum to leigh to visit the market and shops....... and to let him spoil me when "i found" leigh bait and tackle by "surprise" 😌😁

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Not looked around Walton res yet. My dad used to fly fish that for trout back in the day. We were talking about it yesterday in the car.

Took him and my mum to leigh to visit the market and shops....... and to let him spoil me when "i found" leigh bait and tackle by "surprise" 😌😁
Thats a brilliant shop that. Took my mate in last year, he came out £800 lighter, not my fault I recommended a new pole to him.
His wife said he is not to go to fishing shops with me again 😄