Anyone ever used one of these?...

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
95ca34a8d03e8dc34d2cc5b9bc7d26583d0bcc7d.jpg
motion detector that links upto delkim receiver to let you know when undesirables are lurking!

Just ordered one but was wondering if anyone has used one before? Any + or - feedback?

Reuben

Site Supporter
All well & good as long as it’s not picking up every bit of wildlife on the bank - not counting humans. Was more of a fan of the punji stick variation myself where deemed necessary………..

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
All well & good as long as it’s not picking up every bit of wildlife on the bank - not counting humans. Was more of a fan of the punji stick variation myself where deemed necessary………..
I was thinking the same but about tree / bushes movement. Not sure about punji sticks but I do always have my trusty mora and was considering taking my bivvy buddy....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-084343_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-084343_Gallery.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 5

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Aye. One can never be too careful nowadays……
Sad to have to think and talk about things like this when you are trying to enjoy fishing but I know it happens.

I wave been warned off night fishing by few men on the bank when I have gone looking around.

squimp

Site Supporter
We used to have to rig a separate bite alarm attached to a trip wire behind our bivvies when fishing at lakes round Larkfield in Kent in the 80’s.

Most of the (night fishing) lakes round here have secure parking and increasingly they are properly otter fenced which also helps keep undesirable humans out.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The new ones have an alarm built in.... I also have a PIR sensor that I place next to the bivvy at about waist high

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
The new ones have an alarm built in.... I also have a PIR sensor that I place next to the bivvy at about waist high
I got the new delks. They have alarm for if they get turned off and alarm if they are moved but over 3k of gear will be left outside the bivvy overnight and I do sleep well! 😄

Rob F

Site Supporter
I'm with SeanB on this, your bivi buddy looks more effective than any motion sensor, probably more effective than the mora too!

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I'm not one for sleeping whilst fishing, rather keep an eye on my stuff and the water but looks a good idea for those who like some kip (y)

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
I'm not one for sleeping whilst fishing, rather keep an eye on my stuff and the water but looks a good idea for those who like some kip (y)
I will be taking my bedchair and bivvy even on day sessions. If the weather permits it will be full English and a sunbathing. If the sun isn't playing out it will be full English and sleep! 😄

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It is a sorry state of affairs. I heard only a couple of weeks ago a guy had had his carp rods and reels stolen while he slept. The Ba####ds had simply cut his lines and lifted the whole lot away. That was at Wakefield lagoons next to the M1 near Horbury, Wakefield. 😡😡

SeanB

Site Supporter
Saw a report recently of a lad having his gear stolen from Risby, not sure how true it was, plus an incident I've mentioned in the past about a young lad being robbed of all his stuff by yobs with iron bars at Ray Fosters pond.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Saw a report recently of a lad having his gear stolen from Risby, not sure how true it was, plus an incident I've mentioned in the past about a young lad being robbed of all his stuff by yobs with iron bars at Ray Fosters pond.
Yeah mate. Sad isn’t it ? An old boy got set upon while fishing our local Aire & Calder canal up at the Goole basin about three years ago. Took his rods and seat box. Disgusting set of ba####ds they are.