Anyone else missing their fishing fix?

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
No snow here. Never do. However I have had a trapped nerve in the neck for 4 weeks now. Giving me pain and pin and needles through my left arm...so no fishing anyway.

Zerkalo

Sad to hear that others are in poor health on here, best wishes for the new year. I think it's psychosomatic but since I've had news of my bad ECG results my heart has felt numb so I can't wait to get that checked out. Fishing would help I think as long as it's not Severn Barbel fishing to raise the pulse. :LOL:

matti

Site Supporter
No, not stopped fishing yet, matches are on hold but im still get out

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
As I have a young family, I fish once every 2 weeks and as I’m still new to angling that is nowhere near enough to get my fix..I’m looking forward to the summer coming so I can at least head out for a few hours in the evening once work is done.

Keith Sparky

Thanks to snow that means no fishing for me for the foreseeable and more snow is forecast for next week. It feels like it will be almost February before some places, like the rivers, will be fishable again. My commercial is shut until the 13th anyway. This feels like the first lockdown not being able to go fishing and all and I'm already getting Cabin Fever. I would welcome a big mild thunderstorm to wash all the snow away and warm the water up a bit but it does not look likely.
Meanwhile in real lockdown Wales yes I am missing fishing as we are banned from travelling...just made up 8 margin summer rigs as already going stir crazy unable to go fishing.......

baggy

Mark Saunders
Have to admit I’m really missing it, I’ve been shielding since September. The only good thing is my kit has never been so prepared

OldTaff

Site Supporter
So much for a river session tomorrow - it been lashing down for hours so expecting it on the rise again :(

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Tuesday next trip to the river if it does not rain, should be ok for flow but with the cold weather swim choice will make or break the session. Might try for bream in the mill pool, might not still obsessed with trotting a float.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Last match was last Sunday and gutted we can’t match fish as I was on a bit of a roll, 5th last week, 4th week before.

Had planned on going last Wednesday but snow made me get the spare room decorated Tue/Wed.

Thursdays match at the Glebe was cancelled after most the Midlands going into Tier 4. Thought about going today or tomorrow but as I’m not big on pleasure fishing, especially in Winter months, I decided against it and going to use the time to overhaul my kit.

Yesterday I got my bait freezer defrosted (long overdue) and I’ve stripped all my rods and reels down and cleaned them. New line is on order so as soon as that arrives, I can make them up again.

Also got some NG ultra core on order to re-elasticate 6 top kits. Breaking from my usual Middy dacrons and Preston puller beads and trying the new Matrix ones to see what they’re like. So I’m keeping myself busy!

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
after my health scare in july...cant wait to get out in march....few new things to try and improve my catch rate...but doing my head in stuck indoors since july..

tincatim

Site Supporter
I was hoping to get out this weekend but with the missus’ birthday tomorrow and the weather still as cold as it has been, I’ll have to wait for a few weeks yet. We went for a walk down by the river yesterday and I spotted a couple of anglers, one spinning and one feeder fishing. Not sure if they caught anything but it was bitterly cold with the wind in your face, it’s a long day in the cold if you’re not catching, but nice to get out when you’ve been locked away indoors for days. The spring can’t come quick enough for me.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
No Snow, not a lot of Frost

Canal will still be fishable, so I could get out for the day

therein lies the quandry, If I start loading the van, himself will be at my feet awanting to come

its too cold and damp for him, theres no way I would take him out to sit relatively still, despite his wandering, in this weather,

so the temp needs to rise a bit afore we are back on the bank

Zerkalo

I saw a comment on a James Robbins video, "get a coat for the dog". He replied, "he's a Labrador he loves the cold". But I don't think it was quite as cold as it is in some places at the moment.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Weather permitting I'll be out tomorrow over me club water... got some maggots and a pack of dendra ( 3 weeks old) we'll see whats left of it

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Replaced a lot of my older Pred gear and itching to use it,but not going to get on the river for a while if this doesn't stop.

20210102_114046.jpg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Technically only got 2 days left til freedom but I have a feeling I might be about to enter another however many days of being stuck in as the shoulders and knees are starting to ache, throats getting a bit sore and tickley and heads getting a bit foggy. I’m hoping it’s born out of inactivity and is partly physiological given I managed not to catch it when we were all mixing but we shall see.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Been fishing three times this past week, various locations all on the Shroppie canal, pretty hard today but had approx 30 small roach, and one proper roach just over the lb mark.
Had five boats go through today, two of which ploughed straight through our swims, which didnt help.
Going onto the llangollen canal on sunday all being well.
It will be good to get back onto the lakes again.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Walked the river about an hour ago, two hardy souls on it and both biteless after about 5 hours of fishing - one on feeder and one on float. Flow was too fast for both and loads of debris still running through.