Anyone else missing their fishing fix?

Zerkalo

Thanks to snow that means no fishing for me for the foreseeable and more snow is forecast for next week. It feels like it will be almost February before some places, like the rivers, will be fishable again. My commercial is shut until the 13th anyway. This feels like the first lockdown not being able to go fishing and all and I'm already getting Cabin Fever. I would welcome a big mild thunderstorm to wash all the snow away and warm the water up a bit but it does not look likely.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Raining here, fishing Saturday and Sunday, so plenty of fishing fix for me.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not too bad at the minute as both the weathers rubbish and rivers flooded and I’m a bit preoccupied in carer mode with the family dropping like flies to the virus at the moment and couldn’t even leave the house if I wanted to. When this spell of weather and virus has passed I’ll be itching to get out but should think it’ll be pushing February by then.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I might be out Sunday with the river dropping to around 2.5m,don't think it will fish though.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Working tomorrow, but I’m fishing on Sunday, my silvers league is cancelled,, so I’m going feeder flinging for roach, let’s hope the weather improves, or it’ll be a short 3 or 4 hr session

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Around three quarters of the people actually coming in to the shop to go fishing are heading for the sea or pike fishing the carp/coarse/match anglers are in the remaining quarter for bait mostly which is opposite to the way it would be in the rest of the year.
The rest of the customers are coming in for rods poles reels comfy chairs etc. that they wanted before Xmas but were waiting for money gifts or vouchers or in some cases waiting to see how much money they had left after family commitments.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
I'm booked out to take two newbies tomorrow at 8.00am for 4 hours. Its a 1-1 x2 so perfectly allowed. Temperature is supposed to be -2 first thing. I wonder who's going to get too cold first? To be honest I'd rather be sat in front of a warm fire but needs must.

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
Had a bout of pneumonia mid October, knocked the s**t out of me 😡
Not had my fishing fix as still recovering, and am really missing it.
On the plus side, I’ve got enough hook lengths and pole rigs made up to last about 3 seasons 😃

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Still on the injury list for a few weeks. Been watching loads of videos which has made me want to get out more.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
On the plus side, I’ve got enough hook lengths and pole rigs made up to last about 3 seasons 😃
Nasty that mate. Had pneumonia meself a few years back & as you say, it knocks you out. Never slept so much in my life.

Zerkalo

I'm hoping the fish are still in my local river spot when all the water has run off but who knows what will be there.

ATTICUS FINCH

Missing it like hell ,but it is self inflicted as much as I love to be on the bank I feel a break will be beneficial for me to keep my enthusiasm strong for when I can match fish again. Being in tier four means no matches and I'm not a great one for pleasure fishing

ATTICUS FINCH

I had pneumonia a couple of years ago, it has left me now classed as disabled as I now suffer from COPD,
Take care mate it's a long road ahead

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Yup... not been out for 3 weeks... hope to get out this week if the weather holds

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
im lucky as i am right on the coast and have frozen bait in the freezer, the pier may be shut but went to holland on sea for a few hours last wednesday so can still get some fishing in

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
I had pneumonia a couple of years ago, it has left me now classed as disabled as I now suffer from COPD,
Take care mate it's a long road ahead
Thanks mate, aches and pains nearly gone 👍
It’s all about what it leaves you with 😡
Not sure I’ll ever be the same, but we have to crack on best we can mate.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Missing the lake and river - walked both yesterday, lake was mostly frozen over so won’t be on there for a while and the river still pushing through hard but fining down so maybe, just maybe a session Sunday.