Anyone else have the same situation?

Rick123

Site Supporter
As most of you know I fish at Hallcroft most of my time. Its an odd place as I rarely catch much mornings, but know I'll catch from 2pm onwards into the evening. The question is this, does anyone have the same type of situation on any waters they fish, and if so what do you do about it?
On your water, do you think the fish are feeding but you're not fishing in the right way/spot. Or if you think they are simply not feeding, it should be worth fishing for silvers until the carp show? Thoughts, ideas, please?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
On our club lakes, early mornings can be quite productive, after all, who doesn't like breakfast? At around 11am, it goes quiet although a few small silvers can be had, and around 1pm it picks up again. In between those 'quiet' hours, it's worth changing baits for example, from maggot to paste as it sometimes brings the odd 'lump' or 2. Early evenings, the Carp are on the hunt and up for it and can be caught on the top with 'doggies' or floating crust. During the night is an unknown as night fishing is banned.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I find the same as Pete. Good early in the morning till about 11 then quiet till 1 or 2pm.

Silver fan 82

Yep, early morning is OK then usually quiet till around 2ish, unless it's winter then I find it's hard most of the time anyway.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Very interesting guys, I'm never "early morning" as the trip/venue is almost an hour away. So by the time I've made tea, a lunch and had breakfast is gone 9am, so I'm never at the water until around 10.30pm, so I've missed that feeding spell.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm an early riser, usually going to fish first thing and I notice as said above, a midday lull at most places, although sometimes when a place is fishing well, you can build your peg by then and catch all day. I find it very pronounced on the small river I fish for Chub. They disappear when the sun hits the water and come back for a dinner time munch.